• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding options

Caiahar

Smash Rookie
I'd like to know how efficiently Corrin can edgeguard

I was practicing today and I found out that, Dair, since it comes out pretty fast AND has the sword coming down instead of corrin itself, it's a decent move to spam in the ledge when opponents are offstage. I've spiked quite a few times with this, and easier to spam than other "stall then falls" I like using it especially if the opponent recovers low that I cannot hit them with other moves

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
As long as you don't do it off stage is a really viable tool, the hitbox reaches a bit below some stages like battlefield

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Running offstage then DLing the ledge is a great way to catch those foolhardy enough to regrab it.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Run off and charge dfs in their way, works because it stalls you while your charge bite. Also is trump to bair work?

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Trump to bair is incredible. They can airdodge or double jump out but both get covered by bair maneuvering you back to the stage where you can punish a landing or regrab. This characters ledge options are endless.

Rioku

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiokuMattenake
At high percents people tend to forget that ledge invincibility is shorter meaning fsmash tips are a thing, a very very fun thing. I tend to go for the instant DL if I see my opponent it going for a magnet grab since that move comes out super fast and usually wins.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dragon Fang Shot could be used as an edge-guarding tool, but it does require good timing on when to start charging it up. And of course, some fighters have no problems recovering low, so they could still air dodge whenever necessary.

Last edited:

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
At high percents people tend to forget that ledge invincibility is shorter meaning fsmash tips are a thing, a very very fun thing.
I had no idea invincibility could shorten depending on one's percent. I'll have to remember that.

Top Bottom