• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding- Best Position

Kansai

Smash Rookie
So we all know that one of Marth's biggest strengths is his vast amount of options when edgeguarding other characters, particularly spacies, who have arguably have the most amount of options when recovering (up-B, side-B, sweetspot, low, high, etc.).

This is also something that I feel is a bit hard to master. There is the basic stuff, like jab trumps side-b, downtilt stops sweetspot, etc., but what I'm kind of sketchy on is where to stand on the stage in different situations.

Where do you guys think is the absolute best place to stand (or hang) when trying to cover the most amount of options, for spacies or other characters?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Really situational depending on what character, what options you need to cover, etc. Standing near the ledge in position to cover ledge with dtilt though is pretty good in almost every scenario.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
99% of the time, grabbing the edge before they can is a good idea. The simplest example of this is fighting a Sheik. Wait for them to disappear, then just get up and fsmash her back off. Alternatively, you could pull the PPMD "let me grab the ledge at the last possible second so that you just stupidly sweetspot into my invincible body." Just learn each characters options and react appropriately.

Xxaz_v

Smash Cadet
"let me grab the ledge at the last possible second so that you just stupidly sweetspot into my invincible body."
This is now the official name.
LMGTLATLPSSTYJSSIMIB.
This new tech makes wavedashing irrelevant to the meta. :yeahboi:

Top Bottom