• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguard Dair Usage

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
So right now my main matchup is against my friends ROB and i've been wondering if it's worth it to chase offstage for the dair gimp. I know against other characters this is an easy question but with rob, often you have to dair 2 or 3 times before he runs out of fuel.

Another interesting thing i've found is when your opponent is coming up from a ledge, you can short hop immediately into a dair. This sets up nicely for a fsmash or another aerial.

Pi

Smash Hero
Any damage added on is a bonus I suppose, so if you know you can get the hit off (and possibly the kill) then go for it, but if you start to get punished for chasing him then you might wanna hold back a little...

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
The best edgeguard against rob is bair. As long as you are good with timing and spacing you can actually fence of pain him. Still have to be careful as rob is just generally a pain =/
Always take advantage of the fact that rob is a huge target XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
D-air against ROB can work, especially if you can manage to follow-up with a Footstool. The practicalities of actually edge guarding ROB are laughable since he seems to come back from anything. If you d-air him, he survives and rockets back up to the ledge. Your b-air has to actually KO him or else he's getting back to the stage.

Hammers work nicely, but it's not like it's a walk in a park to land one - at least on a good player. You just have to keep hitting him with whatever you can until he finally goes down.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I guess you could repeatedly Dair him until there's enough damage to Bair KO..

As for the footstool jump after Dair, it'll work if it is low enough to footstool him straight to death. If not, it's kind of pointless due to the fact that he gets his jump back.

Top Bottom