• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge-Stalling Help

J4pu

Smash Champion
I have some questions about using falco's upB to edge-stall
(and i tried using the search function and failed to find any threads)
When you edge stall using it, is he supposed to grab the edge again before or after he says "fire"?
if it's supposed to be before, what button combinations do you guys use? like analog away from edge/down -> up special cstick/normal way of using up b ; or is there a jump in there or something?

Grunt

Smash Master
you mean just pressing upb right next to an edge and grabbing it as soon as he's about to fly away, no? this really simple, just do it...

drop backwards>jump>sideB is much safer anyway.

J4pu

Smash Champion
i dont even know what your talking about.....explain better?
my post was getting lower down the list and i figured nobody would see it and i wanted an answer

anyway, as i see it the reason to use edge stalling would be to maximize invincibility frames that you get directly after grabbing an edge so that you can effectively edge-hog through an upB that would otherwise hurt you
thus i was looking for the fastest way of regrabbing an edge and wondering if my current attempts were as fast as it got
as of right now i drop away from edge and go straight into upB from which i have to wait through the normal amount of time where he sits in one place(while on fire) until he says "fire" which is about when he regrabs the edge.
the reason for this post is that i noticed while sitting there on fire falco very slightly/slowly lowers until the movement phase of his upB and i was wondering if other people regrabbed the edge in that slight downward movement so that it's faster.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I would say either of these three things work.
1.Stand by the edge until the opponent is about to get their recovery, do an instant edge grab. (run of edge as soon as you get off press the direction towards the edge.)

2. While on the edge, fall and jump. It's faster than the up-b.

3. Drop down, jump and sweet spot an over b to grab the edge.

Those are what I consider the fastest. But edge guarding is better than edge hogging, from what i've experienced. Back airs of the edge is very effective, as well as down airs. Just don't fast fall the dair, or you are screwed.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Actually, if you input fast enough, you can just fall back from the ledge and immediately overB back to it, without jumping or anything. The timing is a little tight though, and you can't do it on some stages (FD will suck you under the edge if you try =/)

Top Bottom