• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge spike?

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Ive been playing my brother a few times and its happened a few times. I up'd B while he was on the edge and he got spiked down. Anyone else experience this?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if you angle it right its a stage spike. you can also stage spike someone by just doing a bair while they're hanging on the ledge without their invincibility frames ( you can do it with fair too, but bair is the fastest and safest)

IDK

Smash Lord
okay, if you didn't know, diddy has 3(or 4 if you count footstool) spikes. they are barrel spike, facerape spike, and dair spike. facerape won't work when theyre on the edge because you have to latch on. however, barrel and dair will if you are right next to the edge on the stage and they are hanging without invincibility. you can shorthop then do either. i would recommend the dair as it spikes faster and the barrel spike is situational. i only do barrel spike when they are too far down to risk a dair and you can immediately recover...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
okay, if you didn't know, diddy has 3(or 4 if you count footstool) spikes. they are barrel spike, facerape spike, and dair spike. facerape won't work when theyre on the edge because you have to latch on. however, barrel and dair will if you are right next to the edge on the stage and they are hanging without invincibility. you can shorthop then do either. i would recommend the dair as it spikes faster and the barrel spike is situational. i only do barrel spike when they are too far down to risk a dair and you can immediately recover...
...what?

just cause they're on the ledge doesnt mean you cant diddy hump them. If you do the hump towards someone whos hanging on the ledge and their invincibility frames are gone, you will latch on and you both will begin to descend

IDK

Smash Lord
...what?

just cause they're on the ledge doesnt mean you cant diddy hump them. If you do the hump towards someone whos hanging on the ledge and their invincibility frames are gone, you will latch on and you both will begin to descend
really? maybe it was something else like falcons upb... but go try it just to see... cause i didnt think you could. but that doesnt matter... what the point is, is that you cant do that from directly above... standing ON the stage.

IDK

Smash Lord
wow... i'll have to work that into my game.
or wait... wouldnt it just be better to fair or bair them into the stage in that situation? stagespike FTW.

IDK

Smash Lord
oh... so pointless except on accident lol. anyway thats off point. the idea was that you could spike while remaining on the stage and risking nothing if they're stupid enough to let their invincibility run out... aww ;( this thread died.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
theres also the Down A spike where the opponent hangs off the edge long enough that Diddy can actually sneak by and spike the player. The rocketbarrel edge spike is still tricky i wonder if it works if the opponent is right next to him. Or if it can only work if the opponent is right under Diddy.

Top Bottom