• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Hogging with Link: LEDGERANG

NNID
dansalvato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZP4rmfZv8s

I noticed some flaws with Link's most common edge hogging technique, so I came up with a new one: A ledge-cancelled reverse boomerang, or the LEDGERANG! The two techniques each complete in the EXACT same window of frames, so one is not faster than the other. The LEDGERANG also works with arrows, but it's a bit more difficult.

See the video above for a demonstration of each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZP4rmfZv8s

I noticed some flaws with Link's most common edge hogging technique, so I came up with a new one: A ledge-cancelled reverse boomerang, or the LEDGERANG! The two techniques each complete in the EXACT same window of frames, so one is not faster than the other. The LEDGERANG also works with arrows, but it's a bit more difficult.

See the video above for a demonstration of each.
I only see the UpB slip-off useful against fox falco and sheik, follow it up with a ledgehop nair or bair(up onto the stage). Also I prefer if i have the time to turn around and FJ nair > ledge grab, kinda safe, covers most UpBs and looks stupid(in a good way :)). Your method is nice too, might play around with it to try its potencial.

D

Deleted member

very innovative, but you should note that it works best if you don't smash throw the boomerang. smash throwing it leads to a lot of accidental pivots.

Alex21

Smash Rookie
I use it since a long time, so maybe my opinion will interest you :p
It's the best option to grab the ledge quickly from the middle of the stage ! but you don't need to ledge cancel it, just jump, throw the boomerang, and grab the ledge, it will work too and it is easy to use ! I never use the up-b to grab the ledge, because of the risks you showed you.

If you're near the ledge : SH back and grab the ledge or wavedash
If you're far : full jump reverse boomerang and grab the ledge

NNID
dansalvato
I use it since a long time, so maybe my opinion will interest you :p
It's the best option to grab the ledge quickly from the middle of the stage ! but you don't need to ledge cancel it, just jump, throw the boomerang, and grab the ledge, it will work too and it is easy to use ! I never use the up-b to grab the ledge, because of the risks you showed you.

If you're near the ledge : SH back and grab the ledge or wavedash
If you're far : full jump reverse boomerang and grab the ledge
Full hop is most certainly easier, but it comes at the price of more precious frames. Since Link is such a slow runner, I've had many frame-precise edge hog situations that would not have worked were it not for the fastest possible techniques.

Alex21

Smash Rookie
When you are from the center of the stage, full jump is quiet faster than run, sh :bee:

But do as you want, i would underline the fact that the best option to ledge grab is to throw the boomerang while you jump ;)

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Is it weird I have an easier time moonwalking to ledge than ledgeranging? :troll: (Not that its hard or anything).

/Jwnz\

Smash Cadet
Is it weird I have an easier time moonwalking to ledge than ledgeranging? :troll: (Not that its hard or anything).
Moonwalking is my primary form of grabbing the edge with link; it's quite fast.

it doesn't even require the right side of the controller :D

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Moonwalking is my primary form of grabbing the edge with link; it's quite fast.

it doesn't even require the right side of the controller :D
Same here, I find to be easier imo.

SAUS

Smash Ace
Neat trick. I may try to get this into my play. I've been using bomb throw+wave land to get to the ledge for years. This one does seem like it's possible to screw up, but it looks cool and is quite fast (faster than other options for link).

Top Bottom