• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Guarding via Dash Attack

Sour_e

Smash Rookie
I see S2J doing this a lot. It seems as if he pulls it off in a more desperate situation, where he's not properly set up or have enough time to react with a stomp or knee.

I guess my question would be: what are your thoughts on this? Obviously won't KO, but can it lead to better situations or is this pointless, should I just throw out knees? And which characters is this most effective against?

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
I use it a lot in the ditto. It'l pop them up and you can generally get something juicier afterwards.

Morbellix

Smash Rookie
Its very good in the Falcon ditto for sure. However in terms of traditional edgeguards it really isn't that amazing. Most of the time I see him do it i think a well timed d-tilt or u-tilt could of worked better. Edgeguarding with Falcon is really intricate thing that takes a lot of time and work to really become efficient at. You have to really mix it up character the character, and when it comes to top tiers like fox you have to mix it up depending on both the person and the situation. Generally if I'm starting off a match vs someone I haven't played before, when i get them off stage i tend to grab ledge and wait and see what happens from there. After you refresh your invincibility Falcon has a lot of great options he can utilize.

Last edited:

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Generally tho, I don't think S2J is the man to watch, if you wanna improve your edgeguards.

Once S2J gets his edgeguards down tho.... Can't wait for that... He's gonna be #1 player in the world

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I think it's ****ing dope.

Big problem with timing dtilt/utilt is that you have to hard commit to these options well before you actually get the hitbox out. With dash attack, you can try to cover a certain space until the opponent is forced to the ledge option, then snipe it with a dash attack.

Works better than dtilt/utilt in a lot of scenarios, and for everything else, there's grabbing the ledge or soft knee.

Morbellix

Smash Rookie
For real though, i cant wait for s2j to be able to consistently edge-guard people. ****'s gonna be so hype to watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom