• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Guarding Tips?

Weisz

Smash Rookie
I feel like edge guarding is my biggest flaw when I'm playing falcon. There will be lots of situations where an opponent will be off stage and all I do is wait for them to come back because I just don't know what to do. Any tips?

Hienn

Smash Rookie
just react to grab ledge when they're off stage, bairs are also a good edgeguarding tool.

Myst0

Smash Cadet
What I always do depending on the character and depending on where they are in the air if they are above the stage I always just kinda wait and punish the up b usually with a knee and if they are parallel or below the stage I grab edge and drop down and bair or reverse uair things like that. (or you can style really hard and reverse knee or better wall jump knee)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If you need to work on edgeguarding with Falcon, look at S2J and take notes on what not to do.

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
If you need to work on edgeguarding with Falcon, look at S2J and take notes on what not to do.
Sic burn.

Practice dropzone knee, weak knee->Uair, ledge drop Bair, and ledge aerials. Once you get all those down it comes down to how well you react and whether you can pick the right response. More match up dependant, although mind games can get you through.

Livin

Smash Rookie
Like has been said, bair is good. (Edge cancelled bair where you land right on the edge and slide off to grab the ledge is cool to cover multiple options) Reverse uairs can also be good for providing a huge hitbox to knock them away. If they're going for the ledge, dair right at the edge can catch them too.
Hope that helps, edgeguarding is probably the most important part of the game, imo. If you can stop them from coming back at low percent, you're put at a huge advantage.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Vs spacies l low angled F tilt their side B if they attempt to sweet spot. Up tilt their up B or up air their up B during the power up animation.

Vs the rest you got bairs and stomps or hax dash to trick them into recovering high and then knee their up B land lag.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Get good at double jump aerials (pressing jump slightly before pressing attack in mid-air). It will give you more options when attacking off stage and can be used to trick your opponent into recovering a certain way.

Top Bottom