• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge guarding Peach?

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
Any advice on edge-guarding Peach? I always get an umbrella to the face when I try, I usually just end up just tacking on damage with lasers when I could take a stock.

Frenzy231199

Smash Cadet
Any advice on edge-guarding Peach? I always get an umbrella to the face when I try, I usually just end up just tacking on damage with lasers when I could take a stock.
You want to try to get her low with lasers and then Down-Smash her Umbrella, if you time it right, you will either trade hits, which benefits you or outright beat her Up-B. After this, just grab the ledge and she will most likely not be able to recover. Also worth mentioning is whilst she hasn't commited to using her Up-B try to bait out her Air-Dodge and punish it as this is a common option for Peachs that are near the stage.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
It depends on a few different things, but if you CAN get her with lasers while she's still a fair distance from the stage, use them. Definitely try your best to keep her from getting way above you where you can't realistically punish her. What I'd mostly suggest you do is just try to react. It's definitely weird edgeguarding a Peach that understands her spacing and recovery really well, especially vs Falco, but they're all gonna try the same stuff. If you watch PPMDs Falco vs Armadas Peach, there are a few things that PPMD does a lot to keep Armada guessing. The most important of these is NOT COMMITTING TO ANYTHING unless he's sure that he can get it. Watching him should give you some ideas.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Cover platforms to punish her if she lands on one. Keep menacing the high route in general, and get her to recover low. You can even give her the ledge : she's not a spacie with invincible ledge-dash. Peach has a hard time getting on stage from the ledge, just watch out for -let go of ledge>immediate airdodge onstage.

Don't challenge peach parasol, it will eat everything. Instead press her to do something by shooting lasers, and take away her float by the way. If she can reach the stage without up-b, watch out for nair, fair, airdoge, and punish her landing.

OR you could do it like sandstorm westballz : scarjump > dair for the ultimate style points falco dunk.

Top Bottom