• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge gaurding help please.

KokiriKing

Smash Cadet
I was fighting my sister (She plays marth) and she isn't that good but is still okay. I can kick her butt unless she gets to an edge. If she does get on an edge she can kill me with 30-60% dmg.
I need to know how to counter this and how I can edge gaurd effectivley. If you think you can help please post.

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
You can use the chain to grab the ledge or wall depending on what level you are on, that should HELP you get back onto the stage without being edgegaurded, and to edgegaurd try Neutral Air... Jump out at the enemy and give 'em the boot!

mcc

Smash Ace
who does she use and what does she do to edgeguard?

all i can say right now is to come from under the ledge so your up b protects you from edgeguarders. or maybe try sweetspotting the ledge

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
I was fighting my sister (She plays marth) and she isn't that good but is still okay. I can kick her butt unless she gets to an edge. If she does get on an edge she can kill me with 30-60% dmg.
I need to know how to counter this and how I can edge gaurd effectivley. If you think you can help please post.
who does she use and what does she do to edgeguard?

all i can say right now is to come from under the ledge so your up b protects you from edgeguarders. or maybe try sweetspotting the ledge
"I was fighting my sister (She plays marth)"... :urg:

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
1) Coming from above the stage, an uncharged arrow may reach Marth and stun him long enough to get to the edge or air dodge to the stage or hookshot the stage.
2)When in range, tilt the boomberang to hit Marth and use the stun/knockback time to return to the stage (or at least cancel the attack)
3)Pull a bomb if you suspect you'll be off the stage soon or while coming back from above. Throw to stun Marth, to make Marth run away or shield, or if your sent flying again, up+B, bomb explode, UP+B again (or hookshot if in range)
4)If close enough, air dodge through marth to the stage and quickly dsmash to create distance or a defensive posture.

Kudos to your sister playing Smash, It's good to see some loving sibling rivalry. My fiancee and I let Smash do the talking in our arguments. It's healthy <.<

KokiriKing

Smash Cadet
1) Coming from above the stage, an uncharged arrow may reach Marth and stun him long enough to get to the edge or air dodge to the stage or hookshot the stage.
2)When in range, tilt the boomberang to hit Marth and use the stun/knockback time to return to the stage (or at least cancel the attack)
3)Pull a bomb if you suspect you'll be off the stage soon or while coming back from above. Throw to stun Marth, to make Marth run away or shield, or if your sent flying again, up+B, bomb explode, UP+B again (or hookshot if in range)
4)If close enough, air dodge through marth to the stage and quickly dsmash to create distance or a defensive posture.

Kudos to your sister playing Smash, It's good to see some loving sibling rivalry. My fiancee and I let Smash do the talking in our arguments. It's healthy <.<
Well there is still one problem. You can't hookshot with a bomb in hand so I really only have one choice.

mcc

Smash Ace
i thought this thread was about him getting edgeguarded cause of this " If she does get on an edge she can kill me with 30-60% dmg."

i need to learn to read -_-

uhh yeah what wak said is good, but i think there's no need for ftilt since you can dsmash. projectiles are good. lightshield edgeguard is good too

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...I misread. So, how to edgeguard Marth.

Dtilt over the edge is a spike
Dsmash has good knockback
Chasing with Nair is good.
Chaining bairs is always impressive (to me)
Precise arrow aiming/bomb throwing/boomerang flinging.

Sorry for the misinterpretation. Hope this helped ^^

**Kokiriking, you mean fsmash, not ftilt I assume.**

Wilhelm

Smash Rookie
My fiancee and I let Smash do the talking in our arguments. It's healthy <.<

As for the topic at hand, I think Lightningmage summed it all up quite well. Best of luck because as we all know, Marth is no easy task.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Its an unfavorable matchup (IMO) but if she can sweetspot well, using bombs and projectiles can screw up her timing and distance.

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
If she does get on an edge she can kill me with 30-60% dmg.
I need to know how to counter this
I think this involved both how to counter her marth's edgeguarding and how to edgeguard marth so nobody was wrong (i think)

And my brother uses marth, i have the exact same problem, i just can't get back on

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Two words : Range weapons.

Even if your projectiles get blocked, they will usually keep them at bay long enough for you to get back on.

I know against my friend's Fox it works well. I'll usually boomerang as I'm coming in, or pull a bomb. He usually shields the boomerang, so if I time the throw well, I can catch him with a ledge-hopped attack as he thinks he's ready to mount his attack. The bomb is probably the better method though, as there is a lot more stun in can provide.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom