• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge-canceling with G&W. (with vid! o.o)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Well I've started adding edge-canceling to my game (thanks Phanna) and I noticed that it can help G&W's game. It's actually beneficial to every character, but...yeah. Just thought I'd make a thread about it were we can discuss edge-canceling and any useful EC moves with G&W.

For those who don't know what edge-canceling is, it's using momentum to slide off an edge and immediately end the lag for the move you were performing. I made a video!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9rXaO7J5U

I could've done better, I missed quite a few but it's still pretty good. Edge-canceled aerials on a platform and also off the edge. I messed up on the ledgehop aerial -> backwards EC aerial but you can still see how helpful it can be.

I know you can cancel your up B landing lag with it...not when recovering but if you decide to Up B someone who's on a platform above you, you can slide on an edge at the end to stop the lag. I did this one by accident but EC nair -> nair is pretty sweet. If your opponent's on a platform above you, you can jump up and aerial them and then safely escape by ECing or you can EC then jump into another aerial.

I'm gonna mess around some more and see if I can find more G&W EC stuff. Edge-canceled pan? Edge-canceled bucket? I wish :laugh:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yay. :) Great idea, I never thought about edgeguarding people with it. Thanks. I just realized the edge-of-the-stage potential today.

Top Bottom