• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Camping

whatgoingon

Smash Rookie
I've seen a lot of great Yoshi players sit on the edges and spam eggs while grabbing the ledge after the toss. Everytime I try this I end up SDing, can someone tell me the best way to use this technique?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It just takes timing. You have to press away from the ledge (not down), double jump, and hit upb. You can't just hit the inputs as fast as you can, either. It requires some finesse, which you'll figure out with practice.

Personally, I suck at it. I can do it in practice, but like you, I mess up and SD after a couple tosses during matches.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Best tip I can give you is don't use tap jump while doing this technique. Use X/Y or whatever button you have bound to jump that isn't the control stick.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I personally go for just fastfalling, double jump to eggroll onto the stage. it's a good option and clashes with the vast majority of whatever any character can throw at you

didds

Smash Lord
I play with tap jump on so if you do my way might work.

I'll press away with my c-stick, double jump with my control stick, and then just press B as I'm already holding up. Just have to be careful not to hold the c stick away though or it might cost you your life.

whatgoingon

Smash Rookie
I personally go for just fastfalling, double jump to eggroll onto the stage. it's a good option and clashes with the vast majority of whatever any character can throw at you
not exactly what I was asking about but I do appreciate the tip, also I noticed youre from Tampa, I'm from the not so region of Plant City

didds

Smash Lord
Unless you have two right thumbs, I'd be baffled to see you simultaneously hit the c-stick and press the B button.
don't need to press B at the same time as c stick. c stick input is just to let go of ledge, double jump with my control stick (switch thumb from c stick to B button), press B. The time I have to wait to make sure my double jump actually goes up a bit is plenty of time to move my thumb to the B button.

Edit: when I said hold the c stick, i meant just hold it for any longer than a quick tap, I just remember in melee that I used to accidentally drop and bair when trying to ege's and it almost always lead to death. I'm assuming that's where I got confusing.

Last edited:

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
not exactly what I was asking about but I do appreciate the tip, also I noticed youre from Tampa, I'm from the not so region of Plant City
Cool beans. You should trek up to USF some time, we're always playing smash there. Or you can come to the Bi-weekly 'Sweet Spot' tournament series that started last week

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
It just takes timing. You have to press away from the ledge (not down), double jump, and hit upb. You can't just hit the inputs as fast as you can, either. It requires some finesse, which you'll figure out with practice.

Personally, I suck at it. I can do it in practice, but like you, I mess up and SD after a couple tosses during matches.
True story, I press down and still do it quite well. :p

Like what he said, it takes practice and timing. On that note, does anyone know what the timing is for Yoshi's egg toss reverse ledge grab? I can do it very well in melee but in PM I always boof it.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
True story, I press down and still do it quite well. :p

Like what he said, it takes practice and timing. On that note, does anyone know what the timing is for Yoshi's egg toss reverse ledge grab? I can do it very well in melee but in PM I always boof it.
I personally only use it sometimes. I just egg snipe from the ledge to mess up their recovery and punish them for not sweet-spotting the ledge.

Top Bottom