• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECE June Results!

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Melee Doubles:
1. Capn / N1CK
2. WW / VI
3. Arcadia157 / Oasys
4. GanjaNinja / Nick Hazard

Project M Doubles:
1. East Coast Eddie / Flex
2. Bobz / Jesse
3. Arcadia157 / Oasys
*S is a placeholder. Tio won't allow pools with fewer than 4.

Project M Singles:
1: East Coast Eddie
2: Jesse
3: N1CK
4: Flex
5: Arcadia157
5: Bobz
7: Capn
7: E2xD
9: Serb
9: QWA
9: Ruin
9: Oasys
13: Brandon

Melee Singles:
1: Arcadia157
2: N1CK
3: Jesse
4: Bobz
5: Serb
5: East Coast Eddie
7: Capn
7: VI
9: Oasys
9: WW
9: BadAndy

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
1st tourney in a few years. I had a lot of fun meeting everyone. Great to you see you Bob/Eddie. Got so nervous by grand finals, would'u thought I had Tourette's. gg's Arcadia, If there is a next time, I'll be sure to take it.

Grace and peace,
Nick

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts! Let's get into it ^^

Doubles:
Capn/N1ck: Good stuff to you guys. We PROBABLY coulda hadja, but we were playin pretty sloppy :p ggs anyhow.
Vi/WW: Saaaaalt :C The jitters haha. Good look getting your money back though ^^
NickHazard/GanjaNinja: Definitely fun sets haha. GGs n whatnot :)

Flex/East Coast Eddie: Snaaaaake :/ Hate haha. Jk, good set :)
Bobz/Jesse: Such a close, entertaining set. Good stuff, mad fun ^^

Singles:
East Coast Eddie: I don't think I got to play you in singles, but if you won it, gotta be pretty good ^^ Your snake's pretty annoying haha. Good work, nice meeting you!
Jesse: Nice on 2nd dude ^^ good to see you again. I also don't think I played you in singles. We should change that soon :D
N1ck: Man,that Ivysaur :X Fun games in friendlies ^^ I forgot who else you used @_@ haha.
Flex: ~___________________~ Lol, great games, kind of. Reeeeally sad about those SD's, but I almost had that comeback round 2. We never got our friendlies in either! You should make yourself a regular so I can redeem myself ;)
Bobz: I don't think I played you in singles either! Your Wario was pretty legit, should be a fun mu to play ^^ Come out more often :)
E2xD: ONE OF THESE DAYS! Friggin Link throws <.> Lol, fun sets as usual.
Serb: Can't remember if I played you in P:M, but your Marth really gave it to me in melee haha. I really like your patient, calm playstyle ^^ Good work dude, keep it up!
QWA: YO WER DAT IKE AT?!

Mike: DA CROWN STAYS IN RICHMOND! :p Great set in GFs, I don't remember catching too many of your sets before that, but gratz nonetheless on your first tourney win! Now we just gotta get you to a major ;D
N1ck: Fun set to watch in GFs ^^
Jesse: I call shenanigans on your claim :I Lol. I don't think I played you in melee either! But like I said, come out more often, we'll get some sets in ^^
Vi: Was fun having you in the car! If you're still around next month, you should totally come again :) Maybe Richmond can actually all get top 3 that time haha.
BadAndy: First few tournaments are tough haha. Just keep your chin up, you'll notice lots of improvement really fast ^^ Was nice meeting you, too

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Arcadia157: gj
N1CK: Good sets in GFs :) I'll gladly accept your rematch! I really wanna rewatch everything once they get uploaded. :p
Jesse: y u no go falco? You ***** everyone with Falco then when you got to me, you went all these janky characters haha. I gotchu next time in PM too!!
Bobz: You were definitely right about needing to stay Marth. I got really shaken up after the first game in winners and played really stupid. Then in losers, I kept my composure and played a lot smarter. That being said, thanks for all the Samus practice! I really needed it. :)
Serb: Somewhat disappointed we didn't get to play each other in melee in tournament. :( You were going pretty hard on me in the dittos during friendlies so that would've been interesting.
East Coast Eddie: I think you should've stayed Marth vs me tbh. You had me really scared toward the end of our first match and I think you could've taken another game at least if you had stayed.
Capn: You got one scary Sonic. With some more work on your edgeguarding with him, you can turn into a real threat.
VI: Sorry we had to play each other so early in losers. :( We both should've won our sets in winners that we lost, so that really screwed things up. Hopefully you'll still be around by the time another tournament comes up!
Oasys: Man you got some really unlucky matchups. You'll definitely be taking sets off plenty of people soon. Just play smart all the time and you'll be fine.
WW: Dafuq, I just noticed we didn't get to play at all except for in teams. >_> NEXT TIME.
BadAndy: I'm glad you joined the mdva melee group. Find some people to practice with and start ****** everyone!! Next tournament I wanna see MediocreAndy instead of BadAndy.
QWA: UPLOAD THOSE SETS!
NickHazard: I wish you could've stuck around for singles :( I was really looking forward to seeing how well you would do.
E2xD: Sorry we didn't get too many PM games in. :( I know you wanted some revenge sauce haha.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for hosting Ammad, fun tournament

On my phone so I'll keep this brief.

Arcadia: thanks for the ride and ggs on winning it all
Oasys: we're gonna make some money next time
Nick: fun games theoughout the day in teams and singles, thanks for the ics practice especially. Good luck at evo.
Capn: it was fun playing you, ggs on the trams win
Jesse: already said everything in the other thread but ggs again
QWA: I forgot about the roy dittos...next time. Thanks for recording too.
GangaNinja/NickHazard: lol...you two seemed confused by luigi. Fun set in teams.

Anyone else i forgot: fun games

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
Serb: Somewhat disappointed we didn't get to play each other in melee in tournament. :( You were going pretty hard on me in the dittos during friendlies so that would've been interesting.
Yeah I think it would've been closer than our matches in the past so I was hoping to play you as well. I should've just stayed marth against that samus player >.> but I was so hype after winning my first tourney match with falcon I just wanted to keep it going. Oh well maybe next time

By the way to that guy, I watched several recent videos of falcon vs samus and as I suspected, you can't combo samus like other floaties with falcon (which was my original intent behind the pick). She is too heavy and lacks the hit stun for follow ups as long as you DI away and do an aerial (which you did). I know you were saying it's possible, but I don't think it is with current DI to get an upthrow, upair knee like you can with peach or marth. GG's though you're a very smart player

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Ah man, such an awesome tourney as always Ammad! Thanks for hosting it.

Now for the shoutouts:
E2xD: One does not simply shoutout to themself. :p
QWA: As always, it was awesome Link dittoing ya. "Oh look, a Link ditto on Final Destination. This is gonna be a long match." HAH! to whoever said that. You improved tremendously man. Had my fairy boy worried.
Arcadia: It's alright man. I was off the whole day for whatever reason. Next time man. Money Match! :p
Daisy (Oasys): Dude! Had a flipping awesome time during out friendly matches. And don't worry, I have all bases covered with my d-throw. Don't...you...worry...Actually, you should. haha!
Jesse: Gah! Dat Link ditto. Next time man! I can tell I need to improve a bit. It was great playing ya and I want to get some more friendlies in next time for both PM and Melee.
The Other Eddie (East Coast Eddie): Aye! GAH! Snaaaaake! Haha! It was awesome getting to know you and playing ya. One day man, I will find a way. (That last stock was a very very nice touch, even though I wanted to curse you out. haha)
Bobz: Dat Wario man! Gah! Good game man. We should do some friendlies next time. I gotta learn that Wario ;)
Frodo: Go choke on your PbPbPbPbJ Sandwich! (Thanks for accompanying on the way up.)
Flex: Had a great time with friendlies man. Gotta get some in next time.

To anyone I missed: It was great hanging out with y'all.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
QWA: As always, it was awesome Link dittoing ya. "Oh look, a Link ditto on Final Destination. This is gonna be a long match." HAH! to whoever said that. You improved tremendously man. Had my fairy boy worried.

I'm just glad that I was able to provide some competition. Looking forward to the next round of Link dittos. Next time, hopefully the Zora Tunic-clad hero won't burn out after the first match.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad that I was able to provide some competition. Looking forward to the next round of Link dittos. Next time, hopefully the Zora Tunic-clad hero won't burn out after the first match.
Hah! I'll make sure to equip my fire arrows for the occasion.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
My turn!

Arcadia: I hate playing Link like that in PM, but I had to :\ Sorry sir. As for Melee, I stated that I wasn't comfortable playing at all and I didn't deserve to be there. I don't like playing Falco or Fox simply because I'm sick of seeing them. LITERALLY that was the first time playing Yoshi in melee, and I don't know the Link/Marth matchup in Melee enough to really feel competent in it, so I kind of threw it away. Falcon was for funsies as mine is garbage. I'll practice up on melee and give you a real challenge next time.

Nick: Nice meeting you man. I didn't want to play Fox in PM but your Sheik scared off my Link. I have a solid Fox, but I hate playing him because it's so much easier to play him well. I said "If you don't go Sheik, I'll go ZSS" because I wanted a more fun match. Fox isn't fun for me, and I didn't like that win. Otherwise, we'll get some sweet games in next time!

Oasys: GG's dude. We'll get some games in next time!

ECEddie, Flex, Bobz: My dudebros. Fun trip!

VI: Good set. That last life combo on me for the second match was legit.

E2XD: That's MY red link! He's just..."salmon" in PM. Link ditto's are stressful. Always nice to see another link

QWA: Your TV is fine. Forget the haters

Capn: Be more confident! Hearing you say "I'm going to lose" is such a confidence booster. After I did that little bit of warm-up, I felt fine. Thanks for not calling me out on being a noob and trying to learn how a set is played in melee, haha.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
E2XD: That's MY red link! He's just..."salmon" in PM. Link ditto's are stressful. Always nice to see another link
Hah! Instead of a Money Match, next time we will do a Tunic Match. Winner gets the Goron Tunic.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Hah! Instead of a Money Match, next time we will do a Tunic Match. Winner gets the Goron Tunic.

Just stay away from my Zora Tunic, or I'll steal your fairy. If you don't have a fairy, you aren't even a real man.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Just stay away from my Zora Tunic, or I'll steal your fairy. If you don't have a fairy, you aren't even a real man.
And I'll play as your tag again (and make fun of your TV).

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
My turn!

Arcadia: I hate playing Link like that in PM, but I had to :\ Sorry sir.
Don't be ashamed of the way you played! In tournament, there should be no regrets to playing "gay" or campy or whatever you wanna call it. You gotta do what you gotta do to win. :)

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Nick: Great seeing you again man! Good games! :)
Arcadia: Yeah man you are right haha. I just assumed you had more experience in Marth dittos so I figured I'd try Ganon but that didn't work at all! Good games!
Oasys: Don't worry all my friends hate me for playing Snake, this is the burden I must carry! loljk We'll get some singles in next time! I was pretty burnt out that day.
E2xD: Was just having a bit of fun! You are really good for going to your first tourney not so long ago!
Jesse: Thanks for driving dude. And good stuff. You might not have played the way you "wanted" to play. But at least you got them results dude! No shame in yo game!
QWA: Good matches and nice meeting you. Thanks for streaming/recording and bringing a baller TV!

Oh and thanks for hosting AmKhokar! Great job running the tourney. Till next time.

QWA

Smash Apprentice

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
oh cool, did not realize that a results thread was ever made. Great stuff, I had a lot of fun hanging with everyone, it was a small group but you guys are just good people.

I would like to say that not only did I tell Arcadia to go back to marth (fantastic job dude, you came back so damn solid) but I also foolishly told my old friend Nick in friendlies that ivy's back air pretty much owns wario... and then proceeded to eat a hundred back airs in tourney.

But anyways, was a lot of fun. Kind of funny to think that in PM I beat a game and watch, link, and ivy, and lost to another ivy and a ness.... but I am sure everyone I played was like wtf wario too so it evens out.

Melee... I hadn't played seriously in years and could not recover for the life of me, but the rust fell off for most everything else. Samus has some touch match ups but gets the fun buffer against people who just never have to play a samus. I really can't wait for her to be in PM too. Oh and Serb, all I can say is that I remember hating the C Falcon match up, the ones that played me back in the day just dash danced away from me, neutral air'd through my missiles and me, and once I was in the 80% range any down air or grab lead to death. Other than a really solid sheik, that was one of my least favorite match ups.

Hopefully me and my crew can make it out there again sometime, and I will get more chances to play all of you, especially the ones I didn't get to play.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, you may have noticed that a July ECE thread hasn't been made up to this point. This is because I'm unable to run a tourney for July due to time constraints this month. However, this does not mean that ECE is over. The monthly will be starting up again in August and will hopefully continue growing throughout the year.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, you may have noticed that a July ECE thread hasn't been made up to this point. This is because I'm unable to run a tourney for July due to time constraints this month. However, this does not mean that ECE is over. The monthly will be starting up again in August and will hopefully continue growing throughout the year.
Aw.... Well, as long as it's not the first 2 weekends, I'll be able to make it.

Just curious if any Project M was recorded?

No, sorry.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I would like to second QWA as the later half of August is more available for me.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's pretty understandable. It's also convenient that I'll be out of town for the first week of August haha. So I'm with the others in being okay with the next tournament being in mid-late August.

Top Bottom