• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy ways to transfer the C4

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
My first thread on here :).

Feel free to give me more informations/other methods to transfer

I will eventually have ratings

As most know, the C4 can be stuck on to other characters if you use it when you are facing them. This can be applied in doubles very well as the C4 can ko a little earlier than a u tilt! It can be activated when your opponent is near the ceiling and ko really early on some stages. (jiggs mains, hope you don't go to halberd with an opposing team snake)

Some things to know:
  • The C4 CAN transfer when someone is shielding or in frames of invulnerability (i.e. rolling, spotdodging, it does NOT transfer when invincinble after being ko'd however)
  • the C4 has a different hitbox when in the air/stickied or on the ground. Both the "sticky" c4 and an "unstickied" however have the SAME knockback.

Effective ways to transfer(the character is YOUR teamate and the move used easily transfers the c4 onto th eopponent):

Anyone:
Rolling (don't be predictable)

:bowserbrawl: Bowser
  • Whirling Foretress
  • Flying slam

:falconbrawl: Captain Falcon
  • Falcon Kick
  • Raptor boost(?)
  • Falcon Dive(?)

:charizardbrawl: Charizard
  • Close contact Rock Smash(?)
  • Fly
  • F smash

:diddybrawl: Diddy Kong
  • Monkey Flip
  • Dash attack(?)
  • Naner shenanigans

:dkbrawl: Donkey Kong
  • Spinning Kong
  • F throw

:falcobrawl: Falco
  • Phantasm
  • Fire bird
  • DACUS (preferably with dash attack contact)

:foxbrawl: Fox
  • Fire fox
  • Illusion
  • Dair

Will eventually have whole cast, updated on my own time.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Shadow Blitz said:
the C4 has a different hitbox when in the air/stickied or on the ground. Both the "sticky" c4 and an "unstickied" however have the SAME knockback.
Evidence please? I've never heard of this.

Also welcome to the boards. It's always nice to have new people contributing.

I have a banned C4 stick pass method. MK can transfer the sticky via the infinite cape glitch. Pointless but pretty funny.

I imagine she must be able too. If you look at the debug mode for melee, Sheik will vanish from view, but her hurtbox will show invincibility. The same for yoshi. He'll go into an egg as an animation, but his hurt-box will take the pose as if he is standing and its invincible.

I imagine Farore's wind and MK are similar. Both vanish as an animation, but their hurtbox moves and translates in the game as invincible and the C4 moves with the hurtbox.

So, I bet it would work the same for Sheik's vanish too.

BulletSquall

Smash Rookie
I don't know the name of the move but i'm fairly certain lucario's down b can transfer the c4 if not then the minute he transfers it he can use down b to dissappear and provide snake with an easy chance to detonate.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
It should also be said that grabs will transfer the c4 as long as your hurtbubbles overlap for long enough. Like if you sticky a character in shield and then fthrow or bthrow them it will not transfer, but if you dthrow it will. It also transfers sometimes if you pummel, but I haven't done any testing on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgF_05vuB-o&t=15m40s

tournament example. Please don't judge me on my awful doubles performance though lol

Wow, it took me forever to check that out. Yes, Aero. Zelda can pass C4 when she uses her UpB lol I couldn't however reclaim the sticky when UpB through snake. So she can pass it when invulnerable, but she cannot get stuck back.

I'm glad there is a Zelda in my area I could team up with to try out this random tid bit of info on lol

Top Bottom