• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

easy way to infinite Bowser and DK

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
well if you don't feel like standing grabbing, which I don't, you can just down throw them, Bowser or DK, then walk forward a bit, and regrab as they are leaning over (they can't shield or dodge or anything in time to escape). You can do a little over 100 damage to Bowser/DK across FD this way, and it's easier than the standing regrab.

Also, you can down throw down tilt a lot of characters at the edge, ROB being the hardest of them (so I often F tilt instead vs him).

I couldn't even get off the Samus infinite standing CG it's either impossible or way too hard for me, but I can do many other infinites well, I can standing CG in DDD dittos at the edge of the stage for a long time, but that one's way too hard for me.

edit - i just read the official thread to see this was already discovered at least vs Bowser, oh well <_<, I just figured it out by myself just now out of boredom.

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
I knew about Bowser but I didn't know you can also walk a little and re grab donkey instead of just standing there and doing the infinite Thx for the info It's good to know.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Also, you can down throw down tilt a lot of characters at the edge, ROB being the hardest of them (so I often F tilt instead vs him).
Really? I find it quite to Dthrow Trilt ROB... but then again, I have the Cstick set to tilts.
what do you have it set to?

PS
do you still not have any vids of your DDD up?
common man, we want to see!

kvyn

Smash Rookie
I couldn't even get off the Samus infinite standing CG it's either impossible or way too hard for me
If you want to standing CG Samus, then the way I do it is when the smoke comes out after his stomp from the d-throw, I tap 'z' (or whatever u have mapped to throw) twice. Hope this helps.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
um i recorded one match vs Forte on someone's wii from chu's last biweekly. I won the set 3-1 and 3-0 of DDD vs Metaknight, but most matches were over 3 minutes.

I tried to record one of the 5 DDD dittos that I ***** chillin's *** in but he deleted it after I saved it =(

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Id love it if you could get one of your vids uploaded. espically those ones where you spanked MK... I dont have any vids of DDD doing good against MK yet.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
If you want to standing CG Samus, then the way I do it is when the smoke comes out after his stomp from the d-throw, I tap 'z' (or whatever u have mapped to throw) twice. Hope this helps.
Not related to this topic, but that just helped me a ton, I had no idea this whole time you were supposed to doubletap the button! I'd just been trying to time it right, and kept accidentally shielding sometimes. Went to go try this method on my friend and chaingrabbed him all the way to 999% xDDD Thanks!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Really? I would've thought Bowser could Fortress out of this. Oh well.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I do the infinite grab thing friggin weird and nub like, but it works lol. I just Dthrow and right when Dedede squishes them with his gigantic arse, I hit Z 3 times lol. I never fail using this, but I feel like a pub for not actually timing it :p.
I'd like to see your videos though M2K :).

EDIT: Oh yeah, how did you do that infinite to King Dedede? Ive been trying it but I cant do it. Do they have to be off the ledge or something?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
almost every good video was a little over 3 minutes so it couldn't be saved, only 2 were under 3 mins vs forte i think, but he was playing bad in one so i didn't bother saving it, and the other is on a random guys wii. I saved my DDD ditto with chillin but he deleted it cuz I ***** him so badly. I don't have anything, but I can tell you strategies.

DDD VS MK STRATEGIES

if you think MK will dash at you, then dash at him and grab (into back throw).

if you think MK will space a shuffle fair in your face, shield it, then let go of shield and dash grab (into back throw).

if he's near the edge and you grab him, and he expects you to forward throw him, you can down throw him then dash grab to the edge, and get a free CG off (extra 8% from the full powered down throw) before F throwing.

after spacing aerials, especially near the edge, come down randomly with neutral B to suck him up if he runs into you.

to edge guard, jump over him and fall on him with Bair.

if he's jumping from directly under you and is about to up B, expect it, block it, then shield hop Bair him as his up B spins around, making sure not to get hit by his glide attack.

if he tornados either block it all, then try to dash grab into back throw (if you can), or down smash him out of it (up tilt works too, but down smash always works).

if you get caught in tornado, mash upwards + air dodge a lot and you'll get out (this also works vs Smart Bomb items, you can get out easily by smash DIing).

also occasionally I F smash or dash attack if i know when he's going to run at me, but I have to think like really far ahead to make sure I'm going to get that (this doesn't work as well vs ppl with good reflexes, but it worked as much as I could figure out). Best time to use F smash (vs anybody actually) is right after they grab the ledge, they often try to jump out and attack as soon as possible, try to time the F smash to hit them just as their ledge invincibility would end. This is a good way to get 30-40% gimp kills on people.

hope this helps, somebody needs to save this somewhere, I just posted it in the character matchups guide as this is one of the matchups that DDD has a disadvantage in.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
DO you mind if I guote some of this in my King Dedede matchup Guide? IYou clearly have good things here . Also please give some input to it. much appreciated.

I don't feel comfortable with "to edge guard, jump over him and fall on him with Bair." due to MK's Uair. D3 gets juggled too easily to approach MK like that safely.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm with you on the dash CG against DK instead of the perfect timing stand CG. Although mad tapping z does work pretty well.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
when you're fastfalling bair you're usually moving far too fast to be punished for it, that and it feels **** good. xD

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Yeah, I know it works because I do it pretty often. At first I thought it was dumb, but it's actually really good, and most of the time your opponent won't expect it, and if they do, there isn't too much they can do.

Using Inhale and Fsmashing dashing MK's also works very well. Just to clarify, these are separate, you don't want to try inhale -> Fsmash. >_<

I've also found that sometimes if you catch them just right, if you Fsmash when they try to spotdodge, they usually end up with a face full of hammer.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
edit - i just read the official thread to see this was already discovered at least vs Bowser, oh well <_<, I just figured it out by myself just now out of boredom.
samus has the same timing as bowsers infinite, weird that you have trouble with her.
you should really check the OFFICIAL GUIDE before posting, thats what i do
(as with many people) it is suprisingly useful.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I find switching grab to x or y helps (depending on what you use to jump, choose the opposite) because when I use z i always pull up my shield....

Top Bottom