• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy Kirbycide

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I dont know if this is common knowledge or not but im just putting it out there for those of you who dont know about it. If you want to pull off an easier kirbycide, you can get any where near the edge of the stage (with kirby's back facing the edge), do your backwards grab and then immediately after the grab animation is over jump, turn, and do your B.

It's not inescapable but usually unexpected and can lead to a great kirbycide or spit out for those who have bad recoveries. :)

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
That could actually be pretty useful because it will probably be unexpected enough to catch an opponent after they revive and before they realize that you are going for a kibycide.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
That could actually be pretty useful because it will probably be unexpected enough to catch an opponent after they revive and before they realize that you are going for a kibycide.
Yup, exactly. It may not get them the second or third time but it works about 90% the first time you try it. To make it even more unexpected u can do it to a player with bad recovery while you have a low percent still. Most players wont expect a kirbycide unless you have a lot of damage on you. Then its just a matter of spitting them out and floating back :)

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
it always does... kirbycide usually never works against good players...
not true... everyone can fall for it every now and then especially if they play a character that has aerials with less priority than kirby... wario is an example

sometimes people make mistakes... even the best mess up sometimes

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
not true... everyone can fall for it every now and then especially if they play a character that has aerials with less priority than kirby... wario is an example

sometimes people make mistakes... even the best mess up sometimes
yeah but it's easier to predict than it looks and it doesn't do too well up here in tournaments...

It may work once or twice with people you don't know but after that don't even bother =/.
It's also easier to kill at low percents with a dair->footstool works wonders.

Everyone makes mistakes but you can say the same about warlock punch it doesn't mean its reliable.

Also I've seen people counter kirbycide by hitting a wall on the jump when you get out of it to stop the momentum and using that cancelation and the spitting lag to footstool kirby.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
yeah but it's easier to predict than it looks and it doesn't do too well up here in tournaments...

It may work once or twice with people you don't know but after that don't even bother =/.
It's also easier to kill at low percents with a dair->footstool works wonders.

Everyone makes mistakes but you can say the same about warlock punch it doesn't mean its reliable.

Also I've seen people counter kirbycide by hitting a wall on the jump when you get out of it to stop the momentum and using that cancelation and the spitting lag to footstool kirby.
lol i can pull it off in tourney matches... its actually easier because people get nervous and tend to be more agressive so if you know that a characters aerial gets beaten by inhale you can just hold b when you see them jump to attack you...

Warlock punch is a horrible example... kirbycide is more like a counter than anything

easy example would be diddy, they are used to edgeguard and will often jump out at you to edgeguard and can easily be inhaled out of most of their aerials

if you spam it obviously it wont work, but surprise people... at the very least it will make them not want to edgeguard you which is extremely worthwhile anyways... its all part of controlling the match which is what you want to do... by your opponent avoiding the edge so that he wont get eaten you have that much more control over your opponent

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
O.o Yeah I never really saw a fully aggresive or fully defensive player in the tournies I played and most of the profesional guys there don't really get nervous. but there are better ways to counter edge guarding and I usually inhale after I pull off a move and I know they'll want to retaliate but that's only if I want the move.

I find it really risky to kirbycide on the recovery because its a technique that's not hard to counter =/. That's why I say once or twice is good but after that you should go back to show your skills as a kirby because kirbycides are only good when your opponent doesn't know you well (you can pull it out randomly). On top of that we all know they made it worse than in the previous games.

If you want to control the match well don't let your opponent know he's being controlled.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
it always does... kirbycide usually never works against good players...
Not true, at C3, I sucked up Meep's marth on the side of Lylat and blew him under the stage. Meep couldn't get back (he also got 3rd and beat Chillindude in winner's bracket). Kirbycide DOES work against good players, but it's VERY situational. People won't come into it if you're camping with it because that's just stupid. You need to trick them.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
you'll have to give me a better image of where you went under stage because as I said before you can get footstooled out of a kirbycide.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
you guys are getting all techinal about it, its just a kirbycide. the outcome is your problem to deal with in the match. Anyway, i think its good to do once. Why? because once you do it once, the foe will be afarid to come near the edge, and you'll be near the edge. So just add 4 more mintues to the match.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
you guys are getting all techinal about it, its just a kirbycide. the outcome is your problem to deal with in the match. Anyway, i think its good to do once. Why? because once you do it once, the foe will be afarid to come near the edge, and you'll be near the edge. So just add 4 more mintues to the match.
That's not true in this video T!mmy kirbycided 4 times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRy-jpzx7GQ

Yes it is melee, but it is possible to still do and up throw suicide in brawl. It's just pretty much impossible in tournaments (Both characters have to DI to the cliff).

As for the the easy kirbycide, it sounds like it would work great, but in Brawl I usually avoid Kirbyciding unless I have one extra life or if the match will go into sudden death.

Top Bottom