• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy button layout change idea

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
So after playing after playing some weeklies and neyplay project m, I noticed that a lot of people change their lay out, and most people don't do it just because it is tedious when having to switch set ups after every set, but there are really 2 changes that most people use with custom lays. These 2 are tap jump off, and x for footstool. This could be solved in several ways assuming it is possible to implement.

Method 1. Hold Y while pressng OK to disable tap jump, and X for toadstool.
Pros: super easy and fast and doesn't add anytime to making a name.
Cons: Can't do further/ different changes without going through menus.

Method 2. hold L/R(or some other button) while pressing OK to go straight to the button remap for that name instantly.
Pros: allows for much for flexibility and is much faster than the vanilla method.
Cons: still time consuming compared to Method 1

Method 3. You tell me
Someone might have a better method than either of these and I'd love to hear about it.

Note: I am not versed with the skills to make these kind of changes right now to PM, I'm hoping the PMDT will see this and see if something along these lines is possible.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Method 1. Hold Y while pressng OK to disable tap jump, and X for toadstool.
Press X:

But yeah that'd be pretty nice. It would be pretty convenient to have something like that, but since there's so much variation in control schemes, Method 1 might not work too great (some people use X for footstool, some use Y, etc). I'm not sure if they can easily get it to redirect to controls setup menu like that, but it'd be really nice.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
honestly, even something as simple as getting to control schemes via the versus screen in some way could do wonders. the less time spent traversing through menus overall, the smoother pre-game setup will be

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
Press X:

But yeah that'd be pretty nice. It would be pretty convenient to have something like that, but since there's so much variation in control schemes, Method 1 might not work too great (some people use X for footstool, some use Y, etc). I'm not sure if they can easily get it to redirect to controls setup menu like that, but it'd be really nice.
Yeah I did think about this but I couldn't think of an easy solution that wouldn't add any time to making a name.

Phubs

Smash Cadet
If you're supplying a setup, you should have a name notap that already has tap jump off and I guess you could have a footstool one too, but I don't know what you would call it

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
If you're supplying a setup, you should have a name notap that already has tap jump off and I guess you could have a footstool one too, but I don't know what you would call it
I have seen setups with this, but there are always a ton of names. I guess you could just type it in every time and it will go to it anyways, but what if both players want tap jump off? Also its cool to have a tag that's unique or maybe a sponsor.

Top Bottom