• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Sparring Partner

Metroid

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-5499-1746
Hey looking for someone to spar with, first come first serve etc.

I think I am decent enough, but only been against a few people in 1 on 1. I'd like to try and get better!

my friend code is 2337-5499-1746

ideally looking for someone who plays top tier, as id like to see how my low tier trash stacks up haha.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Custom Movesets okay with you? If so, add me.

Metroid

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-5499-1746
Umm, no thanks sorry. I prefer following tournament standard.

Metroid

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-5499-1746
I just don't think custom movesets are going to be allowed in the tourney scene. Because of that I fail to see why I would 1. use them, or 2. get used to fighting against them. Seems like a lot of wasted time and effort.

Vade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vade
3DS FC
4296-3320-8652
Well I've noticed that the tournaments I have seen involve custom movesets(I still prefer standard for the chars. I main), but if you want a sparring partner I'm down for some games. Although I don't think we could say any tier list made one month into game release is going to be accurate.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I just don't think custom movesets are going to be allowed in the tourney scene. Because of that I fail to see why I would 1. use them, or 2. get used to fighting against them. Seems like a lot of wasted time and effort.
You would use them because they can make a low tier character better or alter any character to your preference. I don't know what you mean by getting used to fighting against them. Adaption is a key component of Smash, and this just enables it even further.

Metroid

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-5499-1746
Maybe this was a mistake, sorry I thought this was a board for competitive play. Like I was looking for 2 stock, form stages, no items, tourney rules etc. I get that theres some fun wacky custom **** you can do now, and that's great. However I am more interested in the competitive mode of fighting games, not the for fun stuff. I'll try to look elsewhere I guess, my bad.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Maybe this was a mistake, sorry I thought this was a board for competitive play. Like I was looking for 2 stock, form stages, no items, tourney rules etc. I get that theres some fun wacky custom **** you can do now, and that's great. However I am more interested in the competitive mode of fighting games, not the for fun stuff. I'll try to look elsewhere I guess, my bad.
Lemme quote shofu

"Hello?"

Custom Moves are used in every tournament I know but VGBootCamp and they haven't confirmed use of them YET because of time. Also, are you not interested in counterpicks like Luminose City or Arena Ferox? And the stock debate is still going on, whether it should be 3 or 2 stocks.

You can't treat this game like Melee. It's a new game and a new meta. Custom Moves aren't like Smash Balls to the point of game breaking. They enforce adaption to the match and creativity in play styles, which is very good within a fighting game in my opinion.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
almost all the comp players desire the custom moves bro. they're not wacky at all, they're a really interesting competitive addition to the game.
and we've always generally preferred maps like battlefield over fd

Last edited:
Top Bottom