• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest Way to Shield Drop?

NN7

Smash Rookie
NNID
ase798
Although I know it will take time to do, I've been trying to practice shield dropping, I somehow got it right on my first try, and I can kind of do it consistently. I do the kinda quarter circle way. What do you think is the best/easiest way?

Last edited:

Brett30000

Smash Rookie
some people think that the controller makes a difference, so maybe if you have more then one controller you can try them all out and see which one works the best

AirFair

Marth tho
I think the way to get it the most consistently is the quarter circle way

just go all the way right or left

down one notch

the only problem one would face, as mentioned above, is that controller angles are a bit different depending on what you have. Most will shield drop in the way I said perfectly, but there are some where it might not be as consistent because the correct angle for 100% would be farther down by few degrees, past the notch

NN7

Smash Rookie
NNID
ase798
After a few quick tests, it seems that it is easier for me to use my newer, smash 4 controller.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Controllers make a difference, the white ones and the S4 ones are the best for shield dropping.

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Although I know it will take time to do, I've been trying to practice shield dropping, I somehow got it right on my first try, and I can kind of do it consistently. I do the kinda quarter circle way. What do you think is the best/easiest way?
I think the easiest way is the quarter circle but the best way is just the strait down. Also controller makes a big difference.
Controllers make a difference, the white ones and the S4 ones are the best for shield dropping.
Mines a white sm4sh controller! Guess I got a super one :p

Top Bottom