• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest way to do Pit's rapid bow-spin neutral A combo

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
So, Brawl has it set so that if you hold A, you will do a characters natural combo (Ike, I think) or a rapid rapid punch (like Snake or pikachu)

Pit has both, sort of. If you just hold A, he does like a three slash thing which is pretty awesome. But if you tap A a bunch, he'll do a spinny bow thing which hits rapidly.

The easiest way to do this without having to mash A a bajillion times is super simple. Push A, A, his the Cstick forward (although any direction may work) and then push and hold A. holding A will initiate the rapid combo, and it's this is pretty much the only/easiest way to do it.

i'll try and clear this up and post a video sometime in the next few days or so.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah, i had notice my Pit doing a rapid spin with his bow sometimes and i spent a little wihle trying to figure out how to do it consistently. it's pretty useful, but i don't think as much as his forward B.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
That move reflects projectiles, right? If it does, then couldn't two pits that were on the same team do it back to back and be invincible? ... except for explosives of course...

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
You can accomplish the same thing by mashing A till it starts, then holding A.
Mashing A more than 3 times would be pointless compared to this, since you just push A two times and hit the cstick. This is the -easiest- way to do it.

That move reflects projectiles, right? If it does, then couldn't two pits that were on the same team do it back to back and be invincible? ... except for explosives of course...
I don't believe so. Pit already has 2 reflectors, I heard his nair refelcts some Zamus stuff (though I don't think its true, haven't been able to test it since I haven't had anyone over here). It's just his equivalent of a rapid kick, he spins his bow aound himself, not to be confused with in front of him using his forward b (which does reflect).

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
in brawl they made it imposs able to hold people 4 ever even if you have 3 people holding and smacking 1 so Pits rapid a can't hold but you can still get damage off

WisePitfighter

Smash Rookie
Old thread, but I still find it easier to hit the A button a measly 4 times, instead of AA C-Stick A.
It's just hitting A again instead of the C-Stick, and considering I use Specials for my C-Stick, I don't have a choice.

Seraphi-Kid

Smash Rookie
I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd go ahead and clear something up anyway.

This does work, but I don't see it being very useful. At least for me anyway.

I suppose it could be a good way for you to seperate the two combos in your mind if you used the C-stick for the latter, but it's not necessary at all. (The 3-hit combo produced if you simply hold down A versus the two regular hit and then flurry combo)

Contrary to what is being said, you don't even need to press A 4 times to produce the alleged "C-stick" combo, you only need to press it 3 times. What matters is how quickly you press it.

If you hold down A or press A at a slow/medium rate, you produce the 3 hit combo.

If you press A 3 times rapidly, even if you let go of the controller, the flurry combo is produced with the same exact results as you would get using the C-stick, but for arguably less work.

It's a small detail and honestly just a matter of preference, but I personally find leaving the C-stick out of this a much easier method.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Your info helped my Golden Pit really well. Thanks! It should help me against them annoying Marth/Ike/Fox players who i dislike so much.

Top Bottom