• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest character to pick up in Melee?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I personally would say Falco (even tho i hate him lol) because a lot of newer or lower leveled players usually struggle with Falco's lasers so its easy to rack up damage or just get in on people. and i would also say sheik because again a lot of lower leveled players cant help getting d-throw tech chased or they just don't know how to get around it.
Yea but I can't tell you how many noob Falcos I've played that suicide trying to SHFF Laser back and forth in neutral...

Even if they have retreating and advancing SHFF Lasers down usually new Falcos are extremely predictable and you just SH or FH over the laser and FFL bop them or shield and then OoS bop them when they get close.

Last edited:

ShAd3

Smash Rookie
You make it sound as if they are just good at beating inexperienced players (i mean yeah they are) but I think the question OP is asking is easiest to learn and pick up, not who destroys people learning
you have a point there lol. then i guess i would recommend sheik because i feel like she's the easiest to learn. but i would still recommend Falco even though he requires quite the tech skill.

ShAd3

Smash Rookie
Yea but I can't tell you how many noob Falcos I've played that suicide trying to SHFF Laser back and forth in neutral...

Even if they have retreating and advancing SHFF Lasers down usually new Falcos are extremely predictable and you just SH or FH over the laser and FFL bop them or shield and then OoS bop them when they get close.
yeah i agree with this 100% but i think once someone learns falco enough they can learn how to mix up their styles rather than just playing mindlessly or just playing on auto pilot.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
Easiest to learn and become successful with the fastest is obviously sheik. Her punish game is really easy to pickup and have success with at lower to mid-levels of competitive play.

Dr. Bread

Smash Apprentice
I actually do think that if they play brawl or smash 4, sheik will probably be easiest to pick up and play and actually feel good about the way they're playing.

oloap

Smash Rookie
sheik is the easiest character in general, but just pick whoever you like

Top Bottom