• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest character to master?

FrostByte

Smash Lord
That'd depend. Sheik is the easiest character to win with playing at a rookie level. Like every other character, a lot of time and effort is required to actually get to actually play at a pro level.

"Mastering"a character would have to do with your own capabilities and/or preferences, like how much dedication you're willing to input to play well with that character.

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
to master a character means you have to beat evrey person who plays that character which could be praticly evreybody who owns ssbm and some pepole who dont evan play the game

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
If you mean easiest character to pic up and be able to use decently fastest, I'd deffinately say Sheik. Because, for the most part, Sheik doesn't need to use any advanced techniques to be used efficiently. SH with Sheik is barely different then a full jump, and WD is essential, but they do both help. L-Cancelling is the most useful, and I think most neccessary, advanced tech for Sheik, and it is pretty easy to learn.

Anyways, that's my opinion on the matter.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
Guys I don't think he means master as in to be the best of everyone with the character, it looks like he just means master as in picking up the character and actually playing them well.

Sheik or Marth Fshizzle.

Neither really have their own "unique" techniques that you have to master. And both have few advanced techniques that are even useful with the characters. Wavedashing is about the only one. You could say shuffling, but I think not cuz both are very floaty. Marth I guess can shuffle, but definately not Sheik. Her jump and her short hop are practically the same.

UltVGmer

Smash Journeyman
Man do i hate topics like this! There is no such thing as an easy character to MASTER! Because no one is at Metagame with any character, it is impossible for any human to PERFECT a character. PERFECT, in the sense that they make no mistakes what so ever with their character and have complete control over everything done in game. That is my logical answer to ur topic question. -.-"

Basically this topic will become another trash topic of Tier List agruements pretty soon, feel free to prove me wrong.

pdk

Smash Lord
mastering a character = learning all the known aspects of your particular character and how to actually apply them, so what does that have to do with everyone else on earth who plays that character? it's not like you can't study these sorts of things without having tour the world and crush everyone else

anyway, marth i'd say

JFox

Smash Hero
Am I the only person that finds ganon ridiculously easy to pick up? As long as you know how to shffl you have down pretty much every basic tactic. Fair to keep characters at bay, jabs after an lcancel, and uairs to intercept aerially. He really has no combos. He is basically good spacing, mindgames, and an overall defensive tank.

His advanced tactics take minimal practice that require no finger speed and little timing practice such as ledgehops, infinite ledgestall(not even needed), and spacing for the uair spike. All the rest is just simply mindgames. And the great thing is that most mindgames carry over between characters. So if you know how to play other characters that use basic shffles, ganon is a real simple pick up.

Sheik would be another character most people can pick up as an easy secondary just cuz she rocks the tiers so solidly. But to be truly good with her takes a bit more practice that some might think, especially when facing space animals who know how to handle Sheik. She has a couple of advanced tricks like needle cancels, but other than that her combos just take practice to get used to knowing when to do what on who. She is rather basic.

I dunno what it is about Peach, but I never found her that easy to play really, especially if your opponent has an easy time dealing with turnip spam(like the marios, or someone who can catch turnips without effort)

Marth is really easy to do well with as long as you are superior to someone in mindgames, but if you are equal or behind, I find Marth easy to punish. There is more to just edgegaurding when people get better at things like Di, walltechs, or just use characters that can't be edgegaurded. His combos take a lot more work than say Sheik, and his short hop double Fair did take a bit of messing around with. I think he requires a good amount of skill at a medium level.

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is actually hard. Sheik, just put in some tilts and the fair, and it's already a half decent sheik. Just the hands of the player to make the Sheik effective.

Peach, I disagree. Saw any scrubs playing Peach? Oh so horrible. Well, she is a bit eay to use after you play the game a lot, but not that much. Spamming the dsmash doesn't make a good Peach you know. Dsmash spammers can be countered pretty easily.

I TINK FOX IZ EZ 2 MASTUH!

Top Bottom