• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easier way to tilt?

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
Afternoon everyone, I'm currently proceeding with my training regiment and I'm getting a couple of Combos and movements lockdown but the number one thing that I struggle with is accidental smashing and not being able to till properly. I play with a Wii U Pro controller and I have a GameCube controller adapter on the way. When playing with a GameCube controller, is there a easier way to do tilts by changing the button layout? I always end up doing either a jump or a smash instead of a tilt. Looking for suggestions on how I can properly perform a tilt without putting myself in too much Danger, thanks

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You can set the C-stick to perform tilts by switching it to the "Attack" setting in your controls. I'd recommend doing this regardless, as it can also be used for easy aerials without messing up your momentum.

Turning off tap jump would also prevent accidental jumps, though that's not an issue with c-stick inputs anyway.

If opposed to those for whatever reasons, you'll just have to practice being calmer with your tilt inputs.

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
As stated before, switching to attack stick will give you easy tilts. It also keeps aerial momentum this way.

The only downside to tilt stick is tapping on the c-stick repeatedly sometimes results in the tilts not coming out FAF. If you are going to repeatedly a bunch of times in a row you'll still need to be good with the analogue stick.

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
You can set the C-stick to perform tilts by switching it to the "Attack" setting in your controls. I'd recommend doing this regardless, as it can also be used for easy aerials without messing up your momentum.

Turning off tap jump would also prevent accidental jumps, though that's not an issue with c-stick inputs anyway.

If opposed to those for whatever reasons, you'll just have to practice being calmer with your tilt inputs.
Thanks a lot, I will definitely try that. Right now I'm playing on my Wii U pad because I lost the USB cord to my Pro Controller. I ordered a GameCube adapter, so I'll start practicing more with the c stick once it arrives

Top Bottom