• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easier to light shield

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
When you're plugging your controller in or reseting it, barely hold the shield button. You will find that it is much easier to light shield, in case you accidentally hit that shield button or something.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...that's interesting. I think most people use Z (just do anything, attack, roll, spotdodge, whatever and hold down z; once you finish, you'll be light shielding), though I think a trick like that would make lightshielding easier, more accessible, and all around more useful. Nice :o

Oh, and you don't have to plug your controller in to do that. The GCN controller has a built in button combination that has the same function as unplugging and plugging it back in, all without moving from your chair. Just hold Y + X + Start for about two seconds and it will "unplug" the controller for you. upon release of any of the three buttons, it will plug the controller back in.

I do like that idea of yours. A lot.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have considered doing that myself, but there is no way to test before a match if you used it properly. It would be good to do though for me, considering I use L to do everything normally, I could set up R to be my light shield.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
With regards to light shielding, but not nescessarily control mods (if you could call it that), I've found the quickest and easiest way to get a light shield (with z) is to buffer it during a tap. Think jump cancelled grabs how you buffer z from x/y, just go a -> z instead.

AIDS

Smash Lord
that is illigal in tournaments though, but somthing that is not illigal is holding sheild + Z and i find this works almost the same, besides the fact you must go throw a quick Grab, but most of the time you want a light sheild is when someone comes back to life and you wanna make his invincability frames useless.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This is actually perfectly legal in tournaments. This is not a controller modification.

Some directors would probably say that it's illegal, but it's really not.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Lightshielding on a platform after a death with yoshi is not as effective with yoshi as other characters, since he can't jump out of his shield.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
I never thought of that before, but thanks for the tip. Since I use a Wavebird, though, I can just flip the switch instead of unplugging it. Nice idea, man. ;)

Top Bottom