• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easier hogging with wolf?

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Well I sometimes mess up jumping onto the leg for edge guarding, so after trying to do it faster I found that rolling to the end of the stage, walking off and DIing towards the stage is the fastest way to hug the stage. I'm not sure if its the best way, but its pretty fast and works well. If there is a better way to hug with wolf, please post it here.

JCav

Smash Lord
well, hugging is the fastest way but it is difficult. however what you mentioned is fairly quick and effective

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
seriously dude? look 10 threads down..

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177259

my tech that i utilize when hug sprinting is to hold the dstick in a 'swooping' motion. for example if youre on fd and youre running to the left edge:

1) running: dstick will be hugged leftside (*note by 'hug' i mean the dstick should be firmly against the plastic edge of the controller)
2) on ledge: swoop the dstick (hugging the outter plastic) from
left --> bottom left diagonal --> bottom --> bottom right diagonal --> right. it should look like the letter U from left to right

by doing a swooping U motion instead of a left/right motion you will ff to a hug as well as get a rhythm down, instead of just left tap right tap

i suggest practicing with koopa/Ds first.. for some reason (im assuming their size) its MUCH easier to hug out of sprints. once you have their timing down just speed it up to adjust for wolf.

hope this helps
-tok

Top Bottom