• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Each throw has same duration regardless of weight?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Normally a thrown character's weight determines how much longer or shorter the animation of a throw is, but this doesn't seem to be true of ROB's throws? Either that or the difference is ridiculously tiny- I didn't notice any difference in animation length for any of ROB's throws when throwing Jigglypuff and Bowser back to back, and bowser weighs like twice as much.
It's not necessarily a terrible thing, it does make comboing out of his throws kind of easy-mode, but beside that the only thing wrong with it is that it's inconsistent.
@JCaesar is this intentional, or just an oversight?
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , this is out of the ordinary, right? I know you said you had a couple other characters' frame data to work on first, but maybe this oddity is interesting to you.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
iirc robs throws are really fast, you might not be noticing it

this is a post

to say that

I will check later

edit to clarify: pretty much every throw in brawl used weight in its speed formula

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Affected by weight:
Fthrow
Bthrow
Not affected by weight:
Dthrow
Uthrow

The reason throws like that aren't affected by weight is (i assume) because the animations take so goddamn long that you'd have some pretty funky numbers if you did it like that.

Also B/F throw release Jiggs on frame 4 and Bowser on frame 6.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Alrighty, thanks for the clarification, Aerodrome. I always knew dthrow was easy to combo out of, now I know why. The timing for acting afterwards is the same for every character.
This doesn't really need an answer now, so get around to it whenever, but since weight doesn't affect dthrow/uthrow animations, does it affect knockback at all on those throws? I know that ordinarily it doesn't affect throw knockback since throws use Weight KB or w/e it's called, but since these seem to be a little unique, I'm wondering if they break that other general rule of throws.

Top Bottom