• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2015 Countdown Bingo- Tally Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

NX details won't be coming anytime soon; they will come in 2016.
Either way, looking forward to E3. I wonder what will they announce---or, rather, give more details about upcoming 3DS and Wii U games.

SuzuTitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuzuTitor
3DS FC
0688-6401-1227
I feel like some of those blocks overlap with each other. Namely the "a heavily requested plea" could be new F-Zero or Metroid.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I feel like some of those blocks overlap with each other. Namely the "a heavily requested plea" could be new F-Zero or Metroid.
I get what you're saying but I do have a certain rule on the the "highly requested plea" one: they have to mention that it was a highly requested plea.

If they reveal F-Zero/Metroid without talking about fan demand then the "highly requested plea" square won't be filled.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One month to go. What do you think the other consoles will be doing? Microsoft finally stopped foisting the Kinect on everything but I can't help at think they'll once again have annoying kid "actors" on stage.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

E 3 H Y P E B O Y S.
Odd, I thought E3 started on the 16th not the 14th. I guess it's like the stores trying to outdo each other in being early for Christmas and eventually Christmas engulfs Halloween, Thanksgiving and Easter.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm hoping that we'll see who won't the Smash Bros. Ballet at E3 and how many DLC characters they're planning based on that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm hoping that we'll see who won't the Smash Bros. Ballet at E3 and how many DLC characters they're planning based on that.
I hope you mean Ballot, Ballet is the prancy dance that drove Nataile Portman insane.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gamecube VC is certainly a popular choice.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Predictions-

Very Likely:

•Lucas DLC information and Release Date/Release During E3
•Ryu reveal/reveal trailer
•Plenty of new Starfox info
•Mario Maker stuff
•Comedic skits in Presentation like last year
•Someone from The Wizard at the Championship
•Fire Emblem: If stuff
•Xenoblade X release date
•SMT x FE News

Likely:
•Mother 3 International Translated Virtual Console
•Tourney mode and Miiverse free Smash DLC
•New Metroid game, or at least Retro's new project if that isn't it
•Smash 64, Ocarina of Time on Virtual Console (if they aren't already, haven't checked)
•Reggie and/or Iwata makes a meme
•GameCube Virtual Console
•AmiibOH YEAH! (I apologize)

Not as Likely:
•New F-Zero game
•Nintendo vs Capcom
•Bill Trinen creates a meme
•An unexpected Smash reveal Trailer
•Paper Mario on Wii U
•Surprise news on Zelda U, despite statements there would be none

Unlikely:
•Mother series collection or Earthbound remake
•Banjo on Virtual Console
•Retro series like Duck Hunt gets an Uprising equivalent
•New Kid Icarus game, as teased by Dark Pit's Guidance

Corsola

Smash Rookie
I don't have a huge list of predictions but I'm hoping for: FE news, Animal Crossing, SSB4 DLC and the Xenoblade X release date.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we remember back to the absolute first trailer (which was nothing more than some character art of the main heroes of both series) you can see where the backlash came from. The original trailer implied an actual crossover where characters from both series would interact. The Direct trailer instead showed the game as more a thematic crossover... with more from the SMT series than most would have liked. It's basically Kingdom Hearts where the focus is on OCs vaguely designed like the protagonists of both series (Sora has the typical JRPG spikey hair mixed with Mickey's oversized shoes and the SMtxFE guy has Marth's looks but is a high school kid in modern Japan).

It'll be interesting to see where the story goes because Kingdom Heart's story was Disney tales with Sora beating the villain to death with an oversized key replacing the old fall-off-a-cliff routine while OCs and Final Fantasy characters so drastically altered that they may as well be OCs running the plot.

finalark

SNORLAX
As @ Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 said, if you compare the original teaser to the first trailer it's pretty clear why people were upset. For me, the biggest issue I had with it is that you could have shown me the same exact trailer and told me it was for a game called Starlight Chaser Excellent and I would have totally believed not. Not once would have I thought, "You know, this reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem." Let's be honest here, the only reason why this game exists is because Nintendo wanted a Wii U exclusive Persona game and at some point during negotiations Fire Emblem got brought up (likely for it's manga inspired art) and here we are now.

Not that I dislike Persona or anything (for the record, I genuinely consider Persona 4 to be one of the best JRPGs I've ever played). But for those of you who don't play SMT and don't get why some people are upset that SMTxFE looks closer to Persona, it's because some fans of the gritty and difficult SMT series don't like the fact that Persona (which was specially designed to appeal to broader audience) overshadows SMT. For them, this is proof that Atlus cares so little for SMT that they're actively trying to turn SMT into Persona. Anyway, the point is that SMTxFE most certainly is not SMT.

Personally, I would be more understanding if they had been upfront about what they were going to make. But even then I think I still would have been disappointed. The thing that makes Persona work is that while it does have a lot of familiar Japanese media tropes, it still conveys its own style and is extremely distinct in what it does. The problem with SMTxFE, is that it is not this, it's painfully generic.

I've been into Japanese media since around 2005, and starting at the very tail end of the 2000s the scene starting moving in a direction I really didn't care for. The 10s is the decade of RomComs, harems and moe, forsaking characters for familiar archetypes (usually female) that the primarily male audience can immediately identify (the loli, the tsundare, the obligatory Rei clone, ect). Save for a handful of exceptions, a majority of Japanese media today takes place in the same exact school setting with the same exact bright colors, bubbly pop music and idols. Can't forget the endless sea of J-Pop idols. And all of this is exactly what SMTxFE is, it's neither SMT nor Fire Emblem. It has no soul and comes off as little more than blatant otaku pandering with immense disregard for fans of both series. Maybe Nintendo will turn this around at E3, but we'll see what they end up doing.

Wow, I am way more upset about this than I thought.

EDIT: And before anyone says anything, yes I am aware that recent series that distinctly don't follow the description above like Attack On Titan, Magi and Fairy Tail exist. And thank God for that.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
If we remember back to the absolute first trailer (which was nothing more than some character art of the main heroes of both series) you can see where the backlash came from. The original trailer implied an actual crossover where characters from both series would interact. The Direct trailer instead showed the game as more a thematic crossover... with more from the SMT series than most would have liked. It's basically Kingdom Hearts where the focus is on OCs vaguely designed like the protagonists of both series (Sora has the typical JRPG spikey hair mixed with Mickey's oversized shoes and the SMtxFE guy has Marth's looks but is a high school kid in modern Japan).

It'll be interesting to see where the story goes because Kingdom Heart's story was Disney tales with Sora beating the villain to death with an oversized key replacing the old fall-off-a-cliff routine while OCs and Final Fantasy characters so drastically altered that they may as well be OCs running the plot.
>Comparing this to the amaziositisity that is Kingdom Hearts

I've been into Japanese media since around 2005, and starting at the very tail end of the 2000s the scene starting moving in a direction I really didn't care for. The 10s is the decade of RomComs, harems and moe, forsaking characters for familiar archetypes (usually female) that the primarily male audience can immediately identify (the loli, the tsundare, the obligatory Rei clone, ect). Save for a handful of exceptions, a majority of Japanese media today takes place in the same exact school setting with the same exact bright colors, bubbly pop music and idols. Can't forget the endless sea of J-Pop idols. And all of this is exactly what SMTxFE is, it's neither. It has no soul and comes off as little more than blatant otaku pandering with immense disregard for fans of both series. Maybe Nintendo will turn this around at E3, but we'll see what they end up doing.

Wow, I am way more upset about this than I thought.

EDIT: And before anyone says anything, yes I am aware that recent series that distinctly don't follow the description above like Attack On Titan, Magi and Fairy Tail exist. And thank God for that.
This, this, this, also this, and most definitely this.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
less than 20 days to go until Nintendo's presentation. Anyone gonna watch the other ones to pass the time?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
less than 20 days to go until Nintendo's presentation. Anyone gonna watch the other ones to pass the time?
I probably will to at least stay in the loop like I did last year. I enjoy seeing new games announced in general. Nintendo's showcase is the one I'm really looking forward to though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Less than half a month to go. I wonder if that Japan direct tomorrow will reveal anything.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
2 weeks to go. Anyone got any new Bingo sheets?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'll go!

I tried to steer clear of Mario Maker, Devil's Third and Woolly World which are practically certain to happen. Also that Dragon Quest is specifically Nintendo related, heroes doesn't mark it off unless it's getting a Wii U port.

Also anyone who put a joke about bill getting his job back have just lost that space after the Nintendo Direct micro...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's my Nintendo E3 Bingo 2015 sheet!

From today's Nintendo Direct Micro, Bill Trinen was back doing Nintendo employee stuff (but tiny).

I want you guy's opinion and don't want to cheat: Would you count "Bill Trinen gets his job back (in a comical way)" as filled?

Either way, I now officially can no longer update my Bingo sheet.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
From today's Nintendo Direct Micro, Bill Trinen was back doing Nintendo employee stuff (but tiny).

I want you guy's opinion and don't want to cheat: Would you count "Bill Trinen gets his job back (in a comical way)" as filled?

Either way, I now officially can no longer update my Bingo sheet.
I would say it does not count as it's not E3 yet... Others may disagree, but to me an E3 prediction has to be at E3 itself; Sorry.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Guys stop getting my hopes up for Mario Sunshine and Kid Icarus... I'm going to be so sad if it doesn't happen ;-;

But I agree that a release date for Xenoblade X is well overdue, anyone think Xenoblade X will support amiibo someday?

finalark

SNORLAX
But I agree that a release date for Xenoblade X is well overdue, anyone think Xenoblade X will support amiibo someday?
There could be some kind of bonus where if you scan Shulk in you can have him as an optional party member or something.

Granted, only three people in the entire would could experience this but still.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Nintendo is confident enough in amiibo to make one for a niche series like Chibi Robo I wonder what that means. More Chibi or more amiibo?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If Nintendo is confident enough in amiibo to make one for a niche series like Chibi Robo I wonder what that means. More Chibi or more amiibo?
More Amiibo because they will sell like hotcakes no matter the character.

I mean, you could have Capcom vs SNK 3 (theoretically) come out on Wii U and have Amiibos for a bunch of SNK characters and people will buying them will probably have no idea who they are and they will STILL sell like hotcakes XD :p

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It's less fun when you have an agreed set of categories, then the more off the wall guesses get left out. As for prizes people will just pick safe bets, I purposefully avoided safe bets and put them in a random order just to see if I did get anything or not, not in attempts to actually do so.

Note: I changed out one of my predictions because I forgot about Mega Man...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Between the mini direct and the Fallout 4 announcement the E3 as Gamer Christmas metaphor fall apart somewhat. That'd be like Santa Claus, Kwanza Bot, Blanta, Schmaus and the Easter Bunny giving out presents early to try and undercut the others.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Between the mini direct and the Fallout 4 announcement the E3 as Gamer Christmas metaphor fall apart somewhat. That'd be like Santa Claus, Kwanza Bot, Blanta, Schmaus and the Easter Bunny giving out presents early to try and undercut the others.
The Mini-Direct was all stuff they couldn't put in E3 because of massive disparities in release dates between regions (or in the case of Dr Mario lack of excitement)... Nintendo have held the best back, apart from maybe Ziplash, but 1. they needed something biggish for the Direct and 2. I think Nintendo have enough planned that Ziplash isn't big enough for an E3 slot.

You've got to remember that Nintendo's E3 digital event is worldwide and includes games that are coming to all territories within a reasonable window; stuff like Bravely Second aren't viable as that's already out in Japan, and DQ8+MHX is going to be a fair way off in the states...

As for Fallout 4... Bethesda don't know what they're doing yet, they announced Doom 4 as well so they've already tipped their hand, they're new to this E3 thing, and they need some excitement going in. And, well, it's not exactly XCom 2...

What we got was 2 early presents from our cousins (Fallout and Xcom) and a couple turkish delight early from good old uncle Nintendo... Christmas is far from ruined.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm really hoping we get some more info on Fatal Frame V's NA and EU release, but given how niche the game is I'm not getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom