• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duster??? (Mother 3)

Greek Gamer

Smash Rookie
All of ness' and Lucas' friends have showed up in a final smash or an asist trophy in Jeff's case, except for Duster. Duster has not shown up at all yet in any of the games, not even as a trophy, so I have reasons to belive Duster may be a newcomer. His normal and smash attacks could be kicks, just like his normal attacks in the game are. His nuetiral special could use the siren beetle, turning opponents around and possibly stunning them as long as the are slightly in front of Duster. His side special could him throwing wall staples in various directions, stoping opponents for a few seconds when hit. His down special could use the hypno pendulum, acting just like jiggily puffs recovery, but instead of being all around jiggily puff, the hitbox could have a longer range in front of Duster. His recovery could possibly be multiple spinning kicks, boosting Duster upwords. He could also ust the rope snake for his grab and tether recovery. I dont know what his final smash could be, but it might have something to do with duster summining in wess to do some type of attack

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
This could be frustrating but I think they intended to have the Rope Snake represent Duster. As soon as I saw Lucas perform PK Starstorm with Kumatora and Boney i thought we would've been shown a Duster AT. Duster as a fighter isn't something I would want but would still be a pleasant welcome if he actually does become one.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
While I don’t see him getting in just yet, he has so many cool skills and gadgets it’s criminal (heh) he hasn’t made it in yet.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
TO NECROMANCE AN ABANDONED THREAD...
I believe Duster could make a fine Lucas echo. The rope snake is one of his iconic traits so considering Lucas bears it in Smash, it's not that farfetched.
Let me know what you think, fellas!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
TO NECROMANCE AN ABANDONED THREAD...
I believe Duster could make a fine Lucas echo. The rope snake is one of his iconic traits so considering Lucas bears it in Smash, it's not that farfetched.
Let me know what you think, fellas!
How do you make Duster a Lucas Echo? All of Lucas’ specials are PSI, they don’t share proportions, and Duster doesn’t fight with sticks.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
How do you make Duster a Lucas Echo? All of Lucas’ specials are PSI, they don’t share proportions, and Duster doesn’t fight with sticks.
Yeah, now that I think about it, perhaps Duster could make a good semi-clone, like Isabelle.
The main thing is that I want an Earthbound character that doesn't use PSI, but I can't imagine the Smash team creating a newcomer for a long-ended franchise.
But again, like you mentioned, Duster doesn't use any of the tools Lucas uses other than the Rope Snake. Perhaps Duster can have Lucas-esque attacks with smoke effects? And the stick could easily be reprimanded if he employs the Tickle Stick.

Top Bottom