• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dungeons and Dragons

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Link to original post: [drupal=1211]Dungeons and Dragons[/drupal]

Who here plays?Me and friends usually get together once a week for a few hours to do so. It's prety fun. I used to think it was really nerdy from all those stereotypes you see on TV and here from others, but it's cool and addictive.

inb4youreanerd

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
I used to play during my freshman through junior years in college (I'm a senior now). The first campaign I played was awesome, but they started to slowly go downhill from there. I suppose we can blame that on the DM. Overall good game, but I seriously doubt I will ever play it again.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I really, really wanted to play it, I even bought a set for it and 2 books.

But sadly, my friends were too influenced by the old media, and thought it was too nerdy(Even though they're the nerdiest people I know.) so I had to play it with myself.
All alone.

It was still kinda fun >_>

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I really, really wanted to play it, I even bought a set for it and 2 books.

But sadly, my friends were too influenced by the old media, and thought it was too nerdy(Even though they're the nerdiest people I know.) so I had to play it with myself.
All alone.

It was still kinda fun >_>
By yourself?

We play by 4.0 edition. In our current campaign, I'm a Dragonborn Beast Master Ranger with a Crocodile companion

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I'm a DM. It's a thankless job. But fun, because if the PCs are annoying you screw them over,

We play 4e, but back in 3.5, I used to play a Half-Chaos Dragon Beguiler/Mindbender.

finalark

SNORLAX
God I love DnD, awesome game.

I'm a DM who's campaign's rules are loosely based on of 3.5 and 4th ed. Works well, although one of my usual players is a winy *****.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I don't have the intelligence to be a DM. I just like creating creative characters. and using them at an average skill level. Being DM would be cool though. I'd make a really cool storyline and all.

finalark

SNORLAX
you get ranked on intelligence, in a video game?

this sounds complex.

could you summarize the game so I can further understand it?
Dungeons and Dragons is a table-top role playing game created back in the 70s. In Dungeons and Dragons, one player is the Dungeon Master, or DM. The DM is basically the writer, he writes a story and creates a world while the other players, called player characters, or PCs, play the roles of the heroes of the story.

That's the short version, it would be a painful wall of text if i got into detail.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I started playing 3.5e a few years ago, and I've DMed a game or two as well. I'm currently trying to get another 3.5e game started as DM or player but my friends all have conflicting schedules.

finalark

SNORLAX
My work colleges play that game religiously on Thursdays.

Looks like mad fun though.

Looks like WoW, even though I have never played that either.

XD
Sorry, it just pisses me off when people say "it looks like WoW."

DnD came first, hell, if there was no DnD then there would be no WoW, or any other video game RPGs for that matter.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
My work colleges play that game religiously on Thursdays.

Looks like mad fun though.

Looks like WoW, even though I have never played that either.

XD

Apparently there's this new game called "Table Tennis".

It looks a LOT like Pong. I wonder how long it took people to convert an Atari game into a table, two paddles, and a ball.

Top Bottom