• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadows over Mystara

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Very obscure, very incredible.

I hope I can find others who have enjoyed this game too. This game to my knowledge was arcade only. I play it on my computer now, the only problem is getting 3 others to play with consistently.
If you have played, and will play, please post and we can get some games going! I'm happy to host, not that it's difficult at all.

If you haven't played, here's a brief description of the game:
You and 3 friends pick classes from the Dungeons and Dragons first edition (Fighter, Rogue, Elf, Dwarf, Magic User, Cleric), stroll into a town that's currently under attack, and promptly begin kicking goblin ***. It plays like Marvel vs Capcom meets oblivion. You have combos, blocks, counter attacks, power attacks, throws, air combos... as well as spells, magical items, and molotov cocktails. The game is completely linear, like most arcade beat-em-ups, and takes about an hour to run through (Current record is 17 minutes I believe).

This game is a blast. Not only that, but it gets better and better each time I play, with so many hidden items / paths, I have different equipment every game. Fighters can find different weapons and shields, rogues will usually steal or open locked chests to grab genie lamps, magic users will search for powerful staves, and clerics will beg everyone in the party to pool money so that they can buy him a morning star.

If you like the sound of it, trust me, the game has a lot to offer. Post and we can get started.

Sadly, I doubt the fighting game crowd ever gave this game a chance in arcades... this is one of Capcom's best.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Bump
Been a year, figure I'll try to interest anyone who hasn't seen the thread. Noobs welcome

Top Bottom