• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dungeon Fighter Online Global - Playable Now, download now!

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Edit: The teaser website has been released, along with the release date! You can find it on Videos and Other Information.

Since the developers are doing the best they can to give us this amazing game back, despite the lack of resources, such as players. (Possibly) I haven't seen any threads here in the Light House, of Dungeon Fighter, so I decided to take it upon myself to help support the game, by spreading the word of it's revival, as many others are, whether it be old players coming back that haven't known of it's coming-back, or to recruit new players to the game.

- Introduction

Dungeon Fighter Online was previously released in NA by Neople, the creators of the game, and published by Nexon. Unfortunately the game came to a close years later due to Nexon NA's missmanagement. A year or two after, Neople started an Alpha test, which many players participated in, and now Neople themselves, are looking to bring the game back, not only to NA, but globally, which means anyone can play!

Dungeon Fighter Online is a 2D Side-Scrolling Brawler with MMO/RPG elements, and that of an arcade feel. Players can engage in dungeons solo, or with up to two-to-four players. There are plenty of classes to choose from, with up to four or less class specializations which you can choose at level 20. Each class, and specialization has a plethora of skills to choose from.

I should also mention that Male and Female classes have alterations to some of their skills, so they play a little bit differently from their counter-parts.

- Customization

Dungeon Fighter has plenty of character customization options known as "avatars", to change the look of your character, which can be bought from the cash shop in-game, which are almost purely cosmetic. There are pay-to-win elements where you can purchase things to influence game play, from the cash shop, but do not let that discourage you as you can more or less do anything without paying a dime.

The most pay-to-win element is avatars themselves, as they give a slight boost in your stats. Avatars are, however, are also easily obtainable through the Auction House using in-game gold.

- Video and Other Information Official Website ready to download!

FAQ
http://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/2z5q6g/dungeon_fighter_faq_and_resource_compilation/

Facebook

For those looking to keep up-to-date with this game, the Dungeon Fighter Online Facebook page can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal

Reddit
Alternatively, or for discussion, the Dungeon Fighter Online Reddit page at /r/DFO/.

Wikipedia

Dungeon Fighter Wikipedia is outdated, but still useful for general knowledge of classes and whatnot. The link is here: http://wiki.dfo-world.com/

Official Website, download inside!
The time has come, the release date has been revealed by Neople! You can find the release date inside!

http://www.dfoneople.com/

Also, someone suggested I include this image, so people who read this don't think it's just some random MMO, and how popular it is in Asia.

- Player vs. Player

Dungeon Fighter has it's own arena where players can play against others in friendly, customizable matches, or ranked ladder. The PvP aspect can be very combo-oriented depending on the class you choose, some moreso than others.

It will likely be hard to follow for players who haven't played the game for themselves, but for those interested in the PvP aspect, I have a video to share that will give more insight on the PvP aspect of the game. You can also see some of the games various character customization options. The video is a bit outdated however, and with the most recent updates in the over-seas version(s), most of these combo's are most likely not possible anymore, but it's still really hype to watch! (For me, anyways)

For some more recent PvP matches, thanks to VinceX, I present to you, the 2015 Action Tournament which was streamed live a few months back along with other DFO (Or DNF as the over-seas version is called) news.

This post may potentially be updated in the future with more content or changes.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
This is my kind of thread.

Also, one thing to note on that combo video is that most of the stuff presented there are probably impossible to do these days, what with all the revamps and updates the game received. For more up-to-date combos and PvP stuff, I'd suggest the recent 2015 ACTION TOURNAMENT.

Last edited:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
This is my kind of thread.

Also, one thing to note on that combo video is that most of the stuff presented there are probably impossible to do these days, what with all the revamps and updates the game received. For more up-to-date combos and PvP stuff, I'd suggest the recent 2015 ACTION TOURNAMENT.
Alright, thank you. I'll include that it is out-dated, and I'll put together a spoiler of the action tournament video.

Last edited:

DatMangoSentinel

Smash Rookie
NNID
DatMangoSentinel
Hey guys.

I was Sylph back in the alpha if you guys ever knew. It's great to see that some smashers play the game as well! :3

Long story short, WE GOT OURSELVES A RELEASE DATE AND TIME! March 24th: The Promised Day.

EDIT: YOU HEARD THE GOOD WORD
EDIT #2:
I played DFO originally when it was under Nexon as well. Went from Day 0 (CBT) to finish. I held some regard of my standards as a decently known PvE player in the community.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I love how the teaser shows us a second awakening for the F.Fighter and the new guy from the S4 season. Are we still only getting the Time Gate update?

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I've never really gotten too far into DFO, all I had was a 50+ grappler, at which point I got bored and made a Priest, specialized into a monk and now I am officially a monk enthusiast. I got as far at 55, I mostly PvPed. I only got to play the game for about 4-5 months, I plan to get back into it full force.

Last edited:

DatMangoSentinel

Smash Rookie
NNID
DatMangoSentinel
I love how the teaser shows us a second awakening for the F.Fighter and the new guy from the S4 season. Are we still only getting the Time Gate update?
To be honest, beats me. I think we may go a bit beyond that. Seems like they're likely to start us off in DnF's Act 4 Season 1 (2 seasons from second awakenings). Either way, I'm so ready for it!

I've never really gotten too far into DFO, all I had was a 50+ grappler, at which point I got bored and made a Priest, specialized into a monk and now I am officially a monk enthusiast. I got as far at 55, I mostly PvPed. I only got to play the game for about 4-5 months, I plan to get back into it full force.
Chances are I still ran into you. I ran into a lot of people but couldn't friend them all T^T. I hope to see you going back at it!

All the support and notices from around the world this time around has me quite excited for this.

NickB

Smash Apprentice
This game is amazing and can fill the void in your soul left by melee that brawl and sm4 failed to fill. I'll be playing this hardcore. Everyone should give it a try! It is really that good.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
This game is amazing and can fill the void in your soul left by melee that brawl and sm4 failed to fill. I'll be playing this hardcore. Everyone should give it a try! It is really that good.
Hey, hey Brawl and Smash 4 were my game of choice, and I still love this for it's PvP mode. (Especially fast, technical characters like Monk. Monk is my main.)

I'm gonna go all-in when it re-releases, gonna get my monk back and start PvPing as soon as possible. (Depends on the level requirement, some reason I think Fair Arena is gone)

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Might as well dump here all of the channels (Youtube / Twitch) that I know of which posts / streams DFO and DNF.

For Youtube, I have :
DNF(?) TV
E-Sport TV (Lots of games in there. May usually have some DFO tournaments in there)
K.O.A.G.P (Lots of DFO music and some DFO videos in there)
Somefool
TehGARR

For Twitch, I have :
RunningWildVidya (Streams DFO and a bunch of other cool fighting games)
Miredia

There are certainly a lot more, but for the moment, that's all I can remember for now

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
More information from the DFOG facebook page!
[Important announcement for OBT Part 1]

Detailed OBT Part 1 schedule will be revealed from DFO Newsletter, so if you haven’t registered for newsletter, please do it now.

<To the ones who participated in Alpha test>

- To recover character data from Alpha test, you must log in with Facebook accounts used then.

- All or partial character data from Alpha test may disappear on OBT Part 1, if you create a new account and do not register
with Facebook account used back then.

- Please carefully select a server, because your initial choice decides which server the Alpha test characters are recovered.

<New system updates>

- Great Metastasis: a great wave of change happening in the Arad Continent

- New dungeons and quests

- New classes including Dark Knight and Creator

- Good-old fatigue system from blitz system

- Improved trade system update to intensely deal with hackers, bots and fraud, illegal gold sellers*

*We will strongly protect our good customers. In-game gold moving(through mailbox and private) among accounts is not technically supported. Auction Hall system is still available.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
The Metastatis is the revamped 1-55 (or thereabouts) content, right?

Really glad to hear we're getting Creator, because the idea of her playing completely differently than the rest sounds neat to me.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
The Metastatis is the revamped 1-55 (or thereabouts) content, right?

Really glad to hear we're getting Creator, because the idea of her playing completely differently than the rest sounds neat to me.
Yes, Metastasis is supposed to be the lower-level revamp.

Disregard the F.Slayer stuff in the video, I don't think we're getting her for the moment.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Day 2 and I've only made level 26 with Fatigue Points. I can't wait 'til 35 so I can PvP, and I only expect to make it there on day 4. :(
Fatigue points actually made me discover & play other characters. Sure, I haven't tried anything yet outside of the mages, but still, that's great.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I have been playing other characters. More specifically, an Avenger. (and possibly soon to be Nen Master)

I'd just love to get into the PvP scene as soon as I can.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I have been playing other characters. More specifically, an Avenger. (and possibly soon to be Nen Master)

I'd just love to get into the PvP scene as soon as I can.
Likewise. I can't wait to get bopped.

In any case, if any of you guys are on the EAST server, you can add VinceX (Elemental Bomber), Zaebulan (Elementalist) and Kadessa (Battle Mage)

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Yeeeeep, got stopped at 32 today by Fatigue. ONE MORE DAY.

Welp, back to grinding my other characters, then.

I'll go ahead and add you, Vince. (I dunno if friends are carried over to all characters, but I'll add you on my main in any case.

Draziq (Glacial Master Lv32), Squirvizard (Avenger Lv26). The rest of my characters aren't really relevant yet. (I plan to make my Nen Master relevant, but I have yet to advance him yet)

Looks like we're both gonna get bopped in PvP, heh. Glacial Master has some interesting utility now with the new Basic Attack and Broken Arrow being a gap closer. Can't wait to try it out.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Yeeeeep, got stopped at 32 today by Fatigue. ONE MORE DAY.
Haha, yeah, I'm currently stucked at some quests that requires me to grind the Meltdown area, and I have only enough FP
for another dungeon run on my Bomber (lvl32 btw),

Top Bottom