• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ducking... a switch?

Takalth

Smash Ace
This has probably already been discussed in another thread, but whenever I am wavedashing (or attempting to) I hold the control stick down and at a slight angle. If that is how you crawl, would you just go into a crawl instead of sliding when you hit the ground?
There was a massive thread about this just after the trailer launched. Essentially, whether or not you crawl by pushing the control stick at an angle, many people (including me) don't angle their control stick while wavedashing until after they press jump.

Thus, the only way this would be a problem is if they decided to do air crawling.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Uh...Was there a retraction of the second trailer that I never heard about?

Fact: Crawling is in Brawl. The only questions are "How do you do it?" and "What good is it?"

The original post theorized on an answer to the first which is perfectly likely and would be easier to control than angling your control stick or most of the others ideas which were suggested right after the release of the second trailer.

I don't get why people are calling this stupid, unless they've never seen the second brawl trailer.

I agree with this post quite a bit. Having crawling as a "trigger" sounds like it would be a much better gameplay idea than trying to tilt the D stick down and
forward or whatever other cumbersome ideas people have been putting forth.

Plus, just from an aesthetic sensibility, it would be kinda cool to see the characters do their special moves while crouching as well as while sttanding, like Link is shown while kneeling with his bow. Then again, we don't know that Link is crawling or crouching at all in that pic so it is a bit hard to tell.....

Top Bottom