• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt: How do you deal with him?

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
What's your best option for approach? My current best bet is to wait for a chili can to be in the air or whiffed, then dash in for a quick strike and try and keep him pressured, but this mostly leads to an easy read and punish.
Also tried areal charged paralyzer to some success, but too easily punished.

So, how do I?

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Down B is how i do it. Frequently.
literally once i figure out the DHD's pattern of zoning/attack down B is how i approach moast of the time. doesn't always leave me in advantageous positions but its extremely effective for avoiding his projectile. especially when the chill can is out. i never do it the same every time either. sometimes i try to bury, sometimes i try to punish, land infront/behind etc.

Side B is really effective as well, a short hop side B can reflect chili can and knock DHD away, or trap in block stun while the can explodes on his face. occasionally i've gotten shield breaks doing that.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You just have to find any vulnerability in DHD's game and exploit it safely.
Remember can is frame 6 and can interrupt combos, and that his up-b has no hitbox.

Top Bottom