• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Dog Team Battle Match Ups Potential Thread

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys I was curious while looking at the Duck Hunt Dog at the Stream this morning.

You guys remember how DHD has a trapping move and his Grenade/Bomb (I don't know the actual name) looks to be a good ranging/zoning type attack that can damage you, foes, and opponents alike.

Personally, I think DHD paired up with Villager will be a match made in heaven, considering that DHD's Grenade/Bomb can be used to provide continuous damage on opponents that are trapped because of Villager's Tree placement.

Which character do you think will work well with DHD in Team Battles or who would DHD work well with?

Still, it could be too early to tell, but this is something that I am pondering and considering ahead of time.

Edit: Adding this picture here:

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
DHD and Villager team? Hmmm... I'll have to try them out and get a better understanding of how their moves control and function. I'm very happy that both of them, some of my most wanted characters, are in the game. SSB4 is turning out to be the best Smash game.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
DHD and Villager or Kirby would work immensely well, Duck Hunt Dog can give villager a frisbee or can to fight with and their recovery are equally good.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
DHD and Villager or Kirby would work immensely well, Duck Hunt Dog can give villager a frisbee or can to fight with and their recovery are equally good.
Ohhh.... yeah... this raises some good questions... if Villager takes DHD's can... and then Villager throws it back... does DHD still have the control over the can and the hunter can still shoot the can if the DHD player presses B button after Villager throws it? or does Villager have control over the can and the Villager player can press B button to have the hunter shoot the can?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Ohhh.... yeah... this raises some good questions... if Villager takes DHD's can... and then Villager throws it back... does DHD still have the control over the can and the hunter can still shoot the can if the DHD player presses B button after Villager throws it? or does Villager have control over the can and the Villager player can press B button to have the hunter shoot the can?

But really, Do we have proof that the can is controlled by the dog or if it just bounces by itself randomly? But if it is controlled, Then i think the dog still controls it since the Villager isn't copying his move like Kirby.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But really, Do we have proof that the can is controlled by the dog or if it just bounces by itself randomly? But if it is controlled, Then i think the dog still controls it since the Villager isn't copying his move like Kirby.
I think the hunter shoots the can when the player presses B button again and again... you can check it out at the custom moves thread.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I think the hunter shoots the can when the player presses B button again and again... you can check it out at the custom moves thread.
I think it's awesome how the Duck Hunt Dog is 4 different characters. (Duck, Wild Gunman and Duck Hunter)

Top Bottom