• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Dog Maining Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
((First official thread :b:))

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but does anybody else feel, I don't know, bad when they play Duck Hunt? I always see people complain that he is annoying and just a troll character that is no fun to play against. When I here this, I play less and less Duck Hunt, who I am pretty good with, and more of my secondary mains like Mario and Pikachu.

BTW, I know that trolling is kind of his main thing but I still want an answer.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Happens with a lot of projectile users (regardless if they're good or not)

I only feel bad sometimes because DHD is one of those characters where it's easier to go without getting hit at all if you're just plain better than the other player. So sometimes I practice follow-ups/combos, or test stuff on people instead of going full wall with projectiles.

Spirst

I've gotten the "he's so annoying" comment a few times but that's on the part of the other player not knowing how to exploit his weaknesses well enough and overcome the matchup. I do agree however that his projectile wall game can become tedious to manage if you don't know how to react but overall, that's a part of his character design and so it's all fair game. I tend to avoid camping much and go for a mixed aggressive attack style unless I really need to fall back on it.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Depends if you're playing to win or just to have fun, really. If you want to play to win, ignore people trying to use 'honor' as a way to discourage you from doing something they can't deal with. If you're playing for fun, remember making a game more fun for your opponent will make it more fun for yourself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom