• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Combos

Spirst

Projectile aside, I know of fthrow>fair/RAR bair/dash attack on fastfallers and, at high percents, SH dair to uair. For the former, if you RAR bair and they don't vector correctly/don't tech, they'll go into tumble (unlike the fair which typically pits them in hitstun only but not tumble), you can go for the jab to rest them to neutral position and get another grab for an fthrow/dthrow followup. You can also do utilt>grab at low percents to follow with an fthrow. With projectiles, there's a lot more possibilites. For example, a gunmen shot can be followed with an aerial or a clay pigeon explosion with a fair. I don't think DH has a lot of true combo potential so much as he does setups. You can trap someone with the hitstun of a can on the ledge followed by an immediate fsmash (has to be charging while the can is already right about to hit them) or you can hit someone with a can that's right next to them right after you shot the clay pigeon.

Last edited:

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Can away from opponent > Grab > Back Throw > Shoot Can, note that this involves precise can placement, but this is pretty much guaranteed as a hit at very low percentages.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Projectile aside, I know of fthrow>fair/RAR bair and, at high percents, SH dair to uair. For the former, if you RAR bair and they don't vector correctly/don't tech, they'll go into tumble (unlike the fair which typically pits them in hitstun only but not tumble), you can go for the jab to rest them to neutral position and get another grab for an fthrow/dthrow followup. You can also do utilt>grab at low percents to follow with an fthrow. With projectiles, there's a lot more possibilites. For example, a gunmen shot can be followed with an aerial or a clay pigeon explosion with a fair. I don't think DH has a lot of true combo potential so much as he does setups. You can trap someone with the hitstun of a can on the ledge followed by an immediate fsmash (has to be charging while the can is already right about to hit them) or you can hit someone with a can that's right next to them right after you shot the clay pigeon.
dude wtf is "RAR"

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
My favorite combo is throw (towards can) > detonate > fair

Easy, fun combo that comes up a fair amount and uses each member of the team.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
Depends on the character and player you're facing. I'm fairly new, so I apologise if I mention anything unoriginal. These aren't 'true' combos, but once you get a feel for players/characters, you'll know which to use and can do up to 70:

Anti-shield start combo:
Gunman -> dash grab

From the grab, you have a number of choices: backthrow (more damage), down throw (more options).

Gunman -> grab -> (tap ->) backthrow -> frisbee -> dash attack (If grounded)
Gunman -> grab -> (tap ->) backthrow -> backair (if they jump the throw)
Gunman -> grab -> (tap ->) downthrow -> forward air (if they land, frisbee, if they jump, can)
Gunman -> grab -> (tap ->) downthrow -> can (shield if possible, can self-harm, then frisbee or jab as appopriate)

For breaking combo locks:
Can -> neutral air (if very close)
Can -> forward air (if distant)

If they spot-shield or spot-dodge the gunman:
Gunman -> frisbee (shoot to interrupt spot shield/spot dodge) -> dash attack (and if launched airborne, either an air move, can; if grounded, frisbee again). You can replace the dash with a grab if they shield the dash, and then follow into a grab combo.

If they're bad at shielding/dodging:
Gunman -> dash attack -> frisbee on land -> dash (if grounded and close)/frisbee (if grounded and far)/air attack (if airborne)
Frisbee -> dash attack -> frisbee (on land)

Once you get a basic one-two rhymth going (projectile, attack, projectile, attack), you'll quickly find people have trouble getting a move in edgeways. Here's a video of an online fight of which some combos are shown:

brospros12467

Smash Rookie
NNID
brokog2000
I might have a combo its sorta new and experimental
DownB Fthrow/dthrow Fair Nair
what you want to do with down b is try to force your opponent to shield then go into dash grab and just for fun if the gunman hasn't shot yet then wait till he does shoot just to add to the damage or if he does shoot before you use the hit stun to grantee a grab for the Throws you can do the Fair and Nair from both it depends on what one you like :4duckhunt:

Trepplze

Smash Rookie
Mine is pretty basic, but percentage 40-55 Dthrow Fair Ftilt
Also since his forward smash has a long range, you can use that to confirm kill on an edge

G00mbaGamer

Smash Rookie
Trepplze I agree with your statement:

Also since his forward smash has a long range, you can use that to confirm kill on an edge
However I hate to admit this but DHD's F-smash is unreliable as some fastfallers or floaties can simply make the third shot (the killing shot) whiff. This has happened to me in a random match where I got DHD and my opponent won the game because the F-smash is unreliable, in fact I think that all of his smashes are unreliable but I haven't tested them yet.

But for combos, I don't really know any as I have only started to play DHD after that random match mentioned above and the only ones I know are:

Can (Away from opponent) -> B-Throw -> Frisbee/Fair/Dash Attack (Really depends on percentages)

(This one is dependent on tech capabilities I think) D-Tilt -> Dash Attack/Frisbee

And that's it for my contribution to this thread, sorry to shoot you down Trepplze but it is the truth however if your opponent is on the ground then I think it is guaranteed but near the ledge like you said it really is 50/50

Last edited:
Top Bottom