• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dual Missile Jump Finger Placement

opiumfish13

Smash Rookie
Good evening. I have been geting some trouble performing Samus's Dual Missile Jump. The crux of the problem is that I can't seem to do the rising missile fast enough after jumping using my finger config. Currently my thumb is over the X (I lightly tap to SH) and forefingers over L and R buttons.

Today I tried something new, I immediatley slid off of the Y button to a rising Super Missile which allowed me to do the landing shot thus allowing me to do couple of perfect DMJs. I never use the Y button and I really don't have the feel for sliding my fingers off of the buttons to jump. I was wondering how you all placed your fingers to do the DMJ, and is there anyone out there who performs it using my config.? Thanks in advance.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
ya u should of used the search button first but im not going to flame u *cough* *noob* *cough* JK

Ya basically that is the finger config for doing the double missile jump and all u have to do to get proficient is to go to training mode and maybe slow down the timing until ure fingers instinctly do DMJ

Basically its all muscle memory

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I've actually always done Double-Missiling with Y, I find it much easier than X. With X you have to move where your thumb is, whereas with Y, you just alter which part of your thumb you're pressing the controller with. Good observation.

Incidentally, I only use Y with Samus to perform the Double Missile, as well as DJC platform missile cancelling.

Top Bottom