• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dtilt -> Grab

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So this is going to sound absurd coming from me, but I've just discovered something that is admittedly pretty basic for Mewtwo. I'm 100% certain this is nothing new; however, I don't ever recall anyone saying anything about it, and I'm sure this could help M2 players.

In order to pull off a d-tilt to a standing grab without jabbing, simply hold forward after you have inputted the d-tilt. It will put you into walk animation, preventing the jab, allowing you to go straight into a grab after the tilt much faster and without accidentally jabbing.

For clarification, I've always known about d-tilt -> dash forward -> JC grab (MikeG showed me JC grabbing in '04 before anyone was really doing it), it's just that I haven't been performing d-tilt to standing grab in the way I mention here, and it has always been inconsistent.

I can't be the only one that has not realised this, so I'm sharing it here despite it being somewhat embarrassing that I didn't realise this till now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I suspect either method works just as well. All you are doing essentially is preventing the jab, and as far as I know it shouldn't be faster using the walk or jc method. The walk method doesn't require as much inputs though, so it is easier to perform.

Top Bottom