• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DThrow, UAir Confusion

Pwn7

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trauma37
So this is a true combo? Why are people DI'ing from me lately? Do you guess a right, left, or read an air dodge for the follow u UAir? I'm assuming there are percentages & character weight involved, is there a list anywhere? I seem to be having problems connecting this when it's crucial. It looks like at higher %'s it isn't gauranteed unless you read an early air dodge. Just want to clear my confusion on this combo because it used to do wonders for me, but pately people are jumping out of it or DI'ing to where there's only a chance of connecting it. On top of that, if they do DI right or left even if I read them correctly it seems to miss well over 75% of the time. Ik this combo is crucial for Rob so any advice would be very appreciated, thanks fellow Robs.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You're giving me lots of video ideas. Ty for that.

They can DI left or right.

Mostly, this is a reactive combo. Not a read. Maybe at super high % situations, this has to be a read and a buffered follow up.

Weights and size does matter. Megaman and CF are the two easiest to combo that I've noticed so far.
There is no chart that I know of.

This becomes a game of rock paper scissors at mid to high %s once you're good at responding to their DI. Then you have to determine what option they will choose: jump or air dodge. I suppose it's more of a coin toss. If they are known to jump, don't bait an air dodge. If they are known to air dodge, bait it, wait for it, then punish them with up air.

More to come once I can make a video on it.

Pwn7

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trauma37
Sounds good, I've been trying to become a respected Rob in my smash community & as of now I'm the only Rob so they don't know how to deal with all the gyro cancelling & what not very well yet. That's why I only show up to tournies :p no friendlies. Looking forward to those videos.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Sounds good, I've been trying to become a respected Rob in my smash community & as of now I'm the only Rob so they don't know how to deal with all the gyro cancelling & what not very well yet. That's why I only show up to tournies :p no friendlies. Looking forward to those videos.
I tell people all my ROB secrets. I tell ppl how to exploit me. How to expose my character. So it forces me to get better, get more creative and explore new options. If that's not you, that's fine. But I'd advise it.

It's also a way to help the meta develop imo.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I tell people all my ROB secrets. I tell ppl how to exploit me. How to expose my character. So it forces me to get better, get more creative and explore new options. If that's not you, that's fine. But I'd advise it.

It's also a way to help the meta develop imo.
That is right, champions are forged in fire!

Imagine being a R.O.B. in a community where no one knows how to play against R.O.B., and then facing a R.O.B. that actually fought against people who are good against R.O.B. and know the match up, I think that the latter would send the former to the scrapyard!

Last edited:
Top Bottom