• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DThrow to BAir (Chrom)

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Hi all,

Just noticed something and thought I should share. Please note that I only tested against a lvl9 CPU (first in a match, then in training), since I got no other options available right now. If you could test this with humans, I'd appreciate your help.

I was trying to improve my DThrow -> UAir game when I - more or less accidentally - BAir'd the Chrom I was fighting. I sweetspotted and killed him. Curious, I tried a few more times and was able to land sweetspots quite frequently. In training I tested the following (Zelda at 0%; no pummeling; Chrom damage before grabbing):

=============================================
below 40%: Hitting Chrom is practically impossible
40%: Hitting is hard, but I managed to hit him when I got as frame-perfect as I could (shortly after SH tech).
50-60%: Hitting a good 70-80% of the tries, seems to be a beneficial damage range (also kill-wise; he probalby won't make the recovery).
80%: Hitting him is incredibly easy, but I am sure it's not even close to a combo, let alone true. It's of course deadly if successful.
above 80%: naaah...

I tested further on battelfield and noticed:
When throwing him from below a platform at 40-45%, he will land on the platform and I was able to get the hit off every time. Obviously restricted to moments in which he wisses the tech.
=============================================
^"Hit" always means "sweetspot" in that list.

Again, if somebody could check with a human opponent who actually knows how to DI, please let us know.

Top Bottom