• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow nair mixups

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
let me know if this belongs elsewhere and I can delete this thread and move it

So let's discuss some low percent dthrow strings. Nair is pretty intuitive afterwards, but then what? Landing with jabs can lead to further followup options like another nair, tilt, grab, etc. If you immediately jab after landing from nair, you can condition your opponent to shield.

One mixup which works pretty reliably for me after I condition the opponent is: dthrow, nair, run past them and pivot grab, get another dthrow nair. If you can get a third pivot grab in, the opponent will likely be able to mash double jump to escape another nair, so follow up with a rising upair. It's a string that nets you ~40%.

Of course, against fast fallers with rapid jabs, it might be more optimal to use that combo Ranai pulls off reliably against Foxes: dthrow, upsmash, upair for a quick 33%.

And of course you may opt for dthrow fair if it puts you in a better stage position. But this may only start working at middle-ish percents.

Talk about your favorite dthrow strings at different percents/situations. I've heard dthrow dair is good, but haven't tried it myself.

Last edited:

Keftii

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keftii
3DS FC
3368-3629-0323
i pretty consistently get away with dthrow nair dair,but dont do that at 0%.

adz

Smash Cadet
i do dthrow nair -> fair -> lloid and then pull off a cool option select. run ahead of the lloid, and time a fair into grab. if they jump over the lloid, fair hits. if they shield, grab hits, and you can do more dthrow stuff.

Top Bottom