• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow mindgames

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
OK, so w/ people that DDD can't chaingrab, he can techchase w/ the Dthrow still, but sometimes, even people that he can chaingrab, if you can mindgame them into thinking you are going to keep the chaingrab going, then they will try to jab or roll or w/e. Today i was playing an Ike, yay, and i started CGing him, but there was alot of lag so i kinda messed it up, and he jabbed me away, so next time, i dthrowed, cged like once or twice, and then fsmashed, and he started jabbing, and died at like 60 it was beautiful, then the next time, i dthrowed, then he didn't want to get hit w/ a huge hammer so as i predicted he rolled backwards and i did a dash attack and killed him again. It was moar beautiful, so just saying, sometimes you don't have to go all the way to the edge, cuz there are some really nice mindgames that can be done w/ everyone. Just another reason why i love dthrow.

Also, could some pros tell me what kind of mindgames you guys do w/ dthrow on any character. It would really help this part of my game out.

Also, when should i use Uthrow????

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you just named them all

all you really have ot do is cycle through:

Dthrow to Dthrow
Dthrow to forward smash
Dthrow to dash attack
and if all else fails:
Dthrow to forward tilt: its automatic on everybody but luigi as far as i can tell

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it's pretty much a tech chase like GandW's dthrow to certain characters who can buffer a roll before you can hit them with a direct hit, just guess right and grab again

laird

Smash Apprentice
I saw, i think it was Zelgadis, in a video, take a snake all the way across the stage, and then on the final grab, not actually throw, but just grab release. When the other player popped out and jumped, he uptilted for the KO. You can grab release mindgame out of the CG as well, then.

CO18

Smash Hero
I saw, i think it was Zelgadis, in a video, take a snake all the way across the stage, and then on the final grab, not actually throw, but just grab release. When the other player popped out and jumped, he uptilted for the KO. You can grab release mindgame out of the CG as well, then.
yes this pwns.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
You can always down throw then taunt. When they figure out you're not doing anything most likely they'll rush in and you can D-Smash.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
dude, i so have to try the release thing it seems like it would work, the snake must've di'ed towards him though which most people do since they think they are about to get thrown off the ledge.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
can't you just grab release wario for an automatic upsmash or something like that, then i'd just CG him to the edge then let him go and upsmash. Can someone confirm this

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well up tilt is better than up smash in like every way, so you proly could up smash, but in any sitch that one would up smash, up tilt is proly a better idea

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
can't you just grab release wario for an automatic upsmash or something like that, then i'd just CG him to the edge then let him go and upsmash. Can someone confirm this
Yeah, this works only if you dash grab Wario though. I prefer Utilt to Usmash any day.

Top Bottom