• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dthrow into forwardair

LePombaer

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I (casual gamer) saw at many Project M streams, that there is this autocombo mentioned in the headline for mario. But at which percentages does it work? Its really hard for me to find the window in which the enemy flies in perfect position.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I wouldn't say it's reliant on percentage, more about the way that the opponent DI's. The higher percent they're the higher they will go vertically, that's basically it. However your opponent can DI either forwards or backwards, which you will have to be aware of. If it's backwards you cannot follow up with F-air.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I am pretty sure there is a percentage at which d-throw (or upthrow) fair will connect on like 90% of characters. I couldn't tell you what they are though. I just start going for it around 60-80 percent. if they DI behind you you can just turn around and do it. but yes you do have to read DI. sometimes they will DI away, sometimes they will DI towards you, sometimes they'll miss the DI altoghether (unlikely). you just have to have the reflexes (or make a prediction). The first thing is to make sure you're doing it as quick as possible. I think this is the main reason people miss, is because they either didn't jump fast enough or they didn't fair fast enough after the jump.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
I wouldn't say it's reliant on percentage, more about the way that the opponent DI's. The higher percent they're the higher they will go vertically, that's basically it. However your opponent can DI either forwards or backwards, which you will have to be aware of. If it's backwards you cannot follow up with F-air.
You actually can fair them if they di backwards just turn around before you jump fair practice it cause it will make your mario more deadly goodluck

Top Bottom