• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DThrow - Full Double Jump - BAir Spike - UAir - KO

Michael4thewin

Smash Rookie
Just as the title says, Lucas has a nice string of Down Throw to Full Double Jump to a Back Air spike to an Up Air for the KO. I have been able to get a dthrow to Bair spike work on both CPUs and humans, but I just recently tried to add in an up air. In practice mode with a lv 3 Mario (No DI) and on Final Destination I tried the combo out for percents. I've gotten the combo off from 97% to 159%, from 104% till 159% you have to start waiting before Double Jumping and than with higher percents doing the Uair a second later. For me I say "one" as Lucas' feet touch the floor in the animation before jumping and for the Uair pause I watch Lucas till he a little in/under the opponent. Keep in mind, at 144% onward Mario died to just an up throw and at 108% onward Mario dies to a dthrow - double jump - uair so using these might be more useful if they haven't staled too much. (I hope this is some helpful info to use and I didn't suck too much for my first time ;A; )

K3H

Smash Cadet
Hopefully this works consistently on regular opponents. It'd be a nice mix up, since most people would be expecting a Uair right after the throw.

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
Bair only works if they don't tech.
The tech window is small and, like K3H said, likely won't be expected. It could have potential as a mix-up, especially considering the variety of D-throw combos we can condition with.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
The tech window is small and, like K3H said, likely won't be expected. It could have potential as a mix-up, especially considering the variety of D-throw combos we can condition with.
The Tech Window isn't small judging how far DThrow sends you up near kill percent. I have been teching any Bair attempts except like 2 or 3

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Is a good mix up if you only go for Down Throw Up Airs and such to confuse your opponent

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
A setup like this is intensely difficult to execute because of the long startup b-air has, and the stricter spacing needed to get the strong spike, and it only gets harder with more percent on your opponent. Though it should be noted that this option can actually cover d- throw DI, always jump forward after d-throwing, and depending on opposing DI, you can either hit the u-air, or hit the b-air if fast enough.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
I've been using this as a mixup before my opponent has enough % for a dthrow to uair to kill. If you fail to spike with the bair you can almost allways follow up with a PK fire. This is still pretty decent damage and nets you stagecontroll. (dthrow 6,5 %, bair 9, PK fire 9).

So I say that using bair after dthrows are a great mixup, there are different followups aswell if you take platforms in reguard!

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
less startup, and with the multihit if you slightly miss them, you can still chase the DI. Also, doesn't it do more damage than Bair?

Dair does 3.5% (rapid hits 1-3), 5% (final hit) dmg, so 15,5 % in total. The startup is not an issue in this situation due to opponent still stuck in hitlag from downthrow. As long as you follow the DI before jumping you got well enough time to land the bair + if the bair sweetspots you can follow up with an uair (or if there is platforms, an utilt for example). And if the bair sourspots you get a PK Fire and stagecontrol.

At lower percents using a dair would simply reset your opponent under you with frame advantage, and at higher percents idk if you have time to follow up on it either.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If you read the tech you can follow up with a falling nair to continue the combo. You just have to time your falling nair so the final hit of nair lands to launch them up again.

Top Bottom