• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow -> Foxtrot

Pent

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing around with Marth stuff on my free time and I've discovered something very easy that is underused in my opinion. It works on most of the cast including all non-floaty upper tiers.

Tech in place: Either grab it on reaction or if you're too late, dash away and pivot grab from perfect spacing. You can also dash away into neutral reset. At worst you now have strong stage positioning. I've seen PPMD for example wait for spotdodge in this scenario and it works every time.

Missed tech: React to their option or CC. CC into grab or tipper fsmash/downsmash.

Tech in: Dash and them and regrab. You can downthrow to redo the situation or upthrow and hope for bad DI.

Tech away: JCG into fthrow dtilt which sets up guaranteed edgeguard so long as you react to their DI. If Fox, Falco, or captain falcon for example Di's out or slightly out you can dash off the stage into shield breaker which covers all options resulting in a guaranteed KO assuming you grab the ledge.

I've been through this scenario what seems like hundreds of times against both CPU's and people. It seems like a great option to do at low %s that pays off greatly. I'm mostly speaking of playing on a platform stage in the center of course. You upthrow at low %'s until before they'd land on a platform, at which you utilize this. Always go for guaranteed easy chaingrab % first.

CypherZel

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkHippy19
This isnt underused, infact after a certain % if the roll away is almost impossible to get the tech chase, which is why marth players use forward throw to tech chase

Top Bottom