• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow Chaingrab

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
i dont think the CG works, tried it on a wolf, but he was out of range when i dthrow hiim, i think you can get out of it by di'ing away

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Its easy but you have to buffer it. A vid wouldnt rly help you since its all about the timing. The only reason that you would want a video is that you think that I am not competent enough to know when something works. You are insinuating that you could look at the video and point out why it wouldnt work, since you are obviously far more perceptive than anyone else. It works, you don't need a video...just time it.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
nah i need a video because i want to see how it looks... please help a poor toilet out!!!

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
This is actually pretty handy, though sometimes Wario doesn't turn around when i do it. I should practice some more. And LOL at Pikachu with his Buffered CG's. Too broken.

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
... a video won't help. its just wario turning around and grabbing the dude after he got downthrowed.
over and over...

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
... a video won't help. its just wario turning around and grabbing the dude after he got downthrowed.
over and over...
I'm not sure. A buffered Downthrow is faster i think. If you compare a normal Dthrow CG with a buffered 1, you can see that the buffered 1 grabs the opponent faster or am i wrong? This is how i check if i buffered correctly. Anyway, Are there any other character besides, Falco, Ganon and Wolf that can be CG'd by this? Donkey i know, who more?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It works, it's just super hard (for me at least). You can tell when practicing when you get the grab correctly and when you don't.

Muro

Smash Lord
for me the easiest method is to look at warios hands, when he has his hand completly closed just release left/right and press grab quickly, its easy if you do this way i think

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I'm not sure. A buffered Downthrow is faster i think. If you compare a normal Dthrow CG with a buffered 1, you can see that the buffered 1 grabs the opponent faster or am i wrong? This is how i check if i buffered correctly. Anyway, Are there any other character besides, Falco, Ganon and Wolf that can be CG'd by this? Donkey i know, who more?
Bowser, but it has to be perfect. He can up-B out of it.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Wario's chain grab is easiest to regrab against Bowser (really easy), but it's really inescapable for Bowser?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I was unable to do it with Fiction's method, so I do it by doing a "pivoted" grab, i.e. flicking the control stick back and then immediately after pressing z all during the time when Wario is closing his hand. I'm sure his works, this is just the alternative.

It's pretty sexy though, I should try on Bowsers.

Mystic101

Smash Cadet
Im pretty surethis works on zelda for about 10% or so i think you only get one or 2 regrapbs ant something like 40-60?

because this is such a % sensitive chaingrab you guys should do some testing... were quitting regular brawl due to imballence

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It works from 30 something til at least 120%, but at 30% it has to be at a weird staleness level (not sure what it is exactly, might be 3-4)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
bowser will just upB out of it

obviously you can still punish him for doing it but yea it's not inescapable at all

lol i don't see how people have trouble doing this against falco... but i do find it lame

i've only done it once in tourney against tommy G cause it was funny

he got mad

<3 tommy G

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bowser can't UpB out of it if you buffer it correctly, and it combos into a guaranteed waft if you buffer that, as well.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
tru, i haven't really bothered to look into all of it

just seems to me that wario already has the advantage against every char. he can do this to

just feels lame when you could just be a man

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Lol how awesome is this.

Well not really for Bowser, but stick it to the Falco mains.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
its not that hard lol

also on wolf i think the deal is that if you try to CG them at 20% they can use the reflector to get out

it shouldnt even be hard for wario to get wolf to 60% tho lol

Top Bottom