• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[DT2UA] i keep botching diddy's second jump!

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
so when im trying to use diddy's DT2UA (Down-Throw 2 Up-Air), pretty much 95% of the time i botch his second jump aiming the control stick upwards. ive tried to jump with the control stick instead of Y, but its not as quick having just thrown down.
ive also tried only moving it up right before i see the opening for the smash, but this results in too slow of a reaction.
this is really only an issue at higher %, when itll cause a K.O. so its a very important hit to land, and goofing up the second jump is tying a weight to my ankle (literally).

anyone else face this and figure out a way to better execute this?

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
afterthought realization, so after getting a little better at this, i think if it takes you 2 jumps youre too slow. cause samus and wario both die at only 100% with 1 jump, so i guess you need to get up there faster lol.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
You use tap jump? Turning off tap jump and setting R or L to jump is helpful for minimizing errors like this. Otherwise, not sure how to really help...

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
oh yeah i forgot about controller config. hmmm let me explore this.
can anyone run thru their exact hand motion when performing this combo? i know its all muscle memory by now, but id like to still hear a runthrough

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
I play regularly against TL, Greninja and Palutena and I ALWAYS have to double jump above 90% or so
Is it actually possible to get it in one jump?
I have Y set to jump and X to grab so my inputs are:
Y, down, hold up and mash X, ^A

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol I know this problem. Though I do it a lot less now. The GCC already helped a lot, being able to do aerials with the Cstick and all.

Endeby

Smash Cadet
NNID
Endeby
Personally I have to either use the C-stick for uair or start with a tap-jump to consistently preserve my second jump.

Top Bottom