• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSX's Spring Break Smash Tournament--in the Bronx--free chips w/ more spacious venue

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Tournaments:

Melee Singles/Doubles
Brawl Singles/Doubles

Date and Time: Friday, April 17, from 10:30am to 8:00pm

10472 Bronx, NY
My backyard (which is securely enclosed by a lot of houses)

The 6 train is the best one to catchget off at St. Lawrence and then just walk a couple of blocks. You can also transfer to the 6 from the 4 and 5 trains (I believe at 125th streetbut dont quote me on it;)

**check hopstop.com for help with directions**--it's very reliable

Venue: (Backyard)$5 venue fee (includes chips)
$5 Melee/Brawl singles
$10 Melee/Brawl Doubles (per team)

Schedule: 10:30am to 11:30amSignups + Friendlies
11:30am to 1:30pmBrawl Doubles
1:30 to 4:00Brawl Singles
4:00 and onMelee Tournaments

Melee/Brawl Singles Pot:
1st60
2nd20
3rd10

Melee/Brawl Doubles Pot
1st60
2nd25
3rd10

***bring your own controller***--we might not have spares

We need TV's and Game Systems. For anyone who can bring any of the following, let me know beforehand and I'll put your name down here. If you bring any of the items listed as they are, and it was used, you will get a $2 (TVs get you $3 off) refund at the end of the tournament:

*****SPECIAL OFFER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT ONLY*****
If you bring both a Wii/gamecube with the game, and a tv, you not only get free venue, but you can enter 2 tournaments for the price of 1 ($5). Take advantage of this nao, as I doubt I will do this ever againXDXDXDXD

TV -
Gamecube w/ Melee -
Wii w/Brawl -
Wii w/Melee

Also, I am currently taking up suggestions on chips. I can get about 3 or 4 different kinds, so let me know what you guys want.

---------- TOURNAMENT RULES ----------

Double Elimination. Before the first match starts, each player can ban a counterpick stage. After that, neutral stages are slashed until one stage is leftthe first match will take place there. Loser of any match gets to pick the next stage and chooses their character after the winner does. No stage can be selected twice in a row, and a player cannot choose the same stage they won on during the set. 3 stock 7 minutes. No items. Team Attack On. All infinites are banned (if someone chain grabs you to the edge of a cliff, then it's acceptable). Stalling is banned, but Jigglypuff's rising pound and Rob's fuel floating to recover is acceptable. The player who initiates suicides when both players lose their last stock wins the match, except for Ganoncide, in which case the player with the higher percent loses. The player with more stock, or less damage (if stocks are tied), when time runs out wins the match. Please dont be too rowdy. Also dont make too much of a mess with the chips, but have fun.

Stages are as listed below:

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise

The Melee singles tournament follows pretty much the same guidelines, except 4 stock 8 minutes. Here are the stages:

Neutral:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dream
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counterpicks:
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (Singles Only)
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

Banned:
All other stages

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Last round call for suggestions on the chips...make them nao...

Top Bottom