• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dsmash->Uair at higher percents seems to be a good finisher.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
They get locked into the same pop-up distance when they break out of dsmash's hole, and if you jump(I think double jump) up the right height, they'll pop right into it for a kill at the right percent.

http://youtu.be/9QRsmkpJ198?t=2m13s

In the demo I pulled it off here, but it timed out before I found out whether it were going to be a kill or not.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think the problem with that is that how long you're in that pitfall-state is based off how many inputs you input so the opponent can mix up when they want to come out (to a degree). In other smash games when I play against my opponent I usually listen to if they're mashing or not if I get a grab to determine how many pummels I can get off a grab, I could do the same for this but being on a 3DS is sort of a barrier to that. I do agree that Uair or other aerials is generally the way to go about hitting someone in a pitfall state though, fsmash is too slow and most of the time people will break out. Utilt might be a good option too.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I think the problem with that is that how long you're in that pitfall-state is based off how many inputs you input so the opponent can mix up when they want to come out (to a degree). In other smash games when I play against my opponent I usually listen to if they're mashing or not if I get a grab to determine how many pummels I can get off a grab, I could do the same for this but being on a 3DS is sort of a barrier to that. I do agree that Uair or other aerials is generally the way to go about hitting someone in a pitfall state though, fsmash is too slow and most of the time people will break out. Utilt might be a good option too.
Yeah, I didn't account for mash times, so thanks for that. I like the idea of utilt though, doesn't it have respectable knockback on the second hit? I only have the demo, and I haven't been playing Villager in a bit due to trying to further my Mega Man knowledge.

Thanks for the input.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
Also a close-range dtilt kills at a decent percent. And turn-around upsmash is also fast enough to hit before they mash out. Or axe is best option if you have a tree planted.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Those all sound good, I'll have to play around with them a bit, thank you. I love dtilts, so that'd probably be my go-to option, thank you.

I know if it's possible it'd be very hard, but can you grab an opponent who breaks out as it happens? If anything, it'd maybe be useful for team play, although the odds of pulling it off would likely keep it from being useful. Still a cool thought, imagine dsmash->grab->partner's KO move.

Top Bottom