• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSmash foxtrot boost kick %'s

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Finally getting off my butt and compiling the list, But first i gotta do the replays and record them *sigh* back to work i suppose.

Heres the playlist all 48 chars obviously excluding the MIIs

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1nxsdfaVTl9glwBTpOPphE3AHM1ZsoN_

This was tested on FD as close to the center as possible and as close to 0% as possible (god damn uncooperative LV 1 Cpus).

This was also done with FRESH down smashes and boost kicks

Steps for this are
1. Land the downsmash of course.
2. Fox trot past them (a full one should more then suffice)
3. Have a brief pause for around a frame so that Samus can take in the sights.
4. Boost kick
5. (only applies if it's the last stock on stream) Pull out your sunglasses for a Thuglife Moment.

I also hate the fact that I had to use my phone for this so don't worry I flamed my self about it.

Finally just to clarify my hatred for those trolling CPUS I could not always be at 0 or get them at exactly the rounded numbers I had an annoying time getting Jab 1 to do 1 % instead of 2.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
started from mario going left to right.
currently on Marth
Pikachu

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
  • Recordings all Done going to upload tonight before bed Hopefully I'll have the patience to put them in order from Mario -> Sonic Miis were not done.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Can't downsmash be DI'd up or to the side, thus effecting the workability of dsmash --> foxtrot --> boost kick?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Make sure to account for rage, enemy percentage, staleness, and weakhit/strong hit!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Can't downsmash be DI'd up or to the side, thus effecting the workability of dsmash --> foxtrot --> boost kick?
Well that's the thing about it the DI factor is a double edged sword if you think about it Because you can hit them from either the front hit or the back.

Lets say you down smash facing right and they get launched right, If they decide to DI away to the right they will end up killing themselves alot earlier then normal because of their inherent survival instincts, Or maybe they will try to effect their DI so they can try to land before you and punish you. I have managed to land this on a number of players from all sorts of levels although I'm Pretty sure it will seldom land on High level players.

Anyways refresh the page the list is at the top post now.

@ DeLux DeLux I did't know boost kick had a strong/weak hit unless your referring to Down smash at which case it was pretty much always the strong one...or maybe I had my mind go numb while recording /saving the replays....

Anyways heading to bed i need to wake up in 6 hours oh god T.T I'll try to address the angry mob with pitch forks tomorrow if this should rouse them. xD

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
If the CPU's are uncooperative use a controller below your feet as second Player. It's what I do at least and it works pretty well, even with DI.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
It was the 3ds version doh I don't have a wii u remember , the only reason I have a 3ds again is because I caved in and burrowed a friends after a humiliating drowning in pools at my last tourney.

DeLux

I was definitely talking about Dsmash.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Alright cool I was about to be like wait...what? Boost kick can hit harder without the rage Induced knockback.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
It was the 3ds version doh I don't have a wii u remember , the only reason I have a 3ds again is because I caved in and burrowed a friends after a humiliating drowning in pools at my last tourney.
Oh yeah, totally slipped my mind.:mad088: Sorry for rubbing it in :3

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I had it coming for not making it out of pools at my last tourney going to develop some training and make sure I practice flip jump cancels for an hour a day or something so it's second nature.

But if you want you can simulate this your self and just use the different di inputs when the character is stunned.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I had it coming for not making it out of pools at my last tourney going to develop some training and make sure I practice flip jump cancels for an hour a day or something so it's second nature.

But if you want you can simulate this your self and just use the different di inputs when the character is stunned.
I'll watch yours first and maybe put it on my TODO list.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Lol oh you xD. Anyways those %s if anything should be guide lines for when a char will be launched high enough for the kick to connect.
Obviously downwards di would effect it a bit but considering the rage factor, I don't really think it matters.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Your original post references a playlist? Is this in progress or was the link forgotten?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
3ds but what else do you mean?

this was done in smash with a lv 1 cpu on FD.

Last edited:

DeLux

Criticisms -
Can't people DI the direction of Dsmash?
Are there advantages to doing this instead of FH jumping to where they will end up and boost kicking them with all the hits there?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Criticisms -
Can't people DI the direction of Dsmash?
Are there advantages to doing this instead of FH jumping to where they will end up and boost kicking them with all the hits there?
Yeah I like nairos method as well I was just concerned with if people are well versed in getting out of it so I sometimes just aim for the last hit.

Yeah people can di the downsmash but if they hold it to long or di the wrong way they won't be prepared for the kick.

If you , @ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever or anyone else has a chance to check this out then feel free. I'd do it my self but [insert IRL johns].

Another thing to note is In some of the videos I hit them with the back hit of the boost kick so you can also mix it up and deceive players into diING the wrong way.

I've landed this in both bracket and friendlies have yet to get a chance vs high lv players but lows for sure.
*mid and low sorry not just low*

Last edited:

DeLux

I would also be worried about the weak hit of dsmash. Sometime I have no idea if I hit with the strong hit or weak hit tbh

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well we need to look into that as well because I've hit people right beside her and it was the weak hit or something but your right but you can generally tell based on where you hit them I wish you got bonus damage if you hit them with both hitboxes on characters that were lying on the ground or fat AF like Bowser and ddd xD.

Now I remember why I'm not a developer.

I also saw my self start looking into a mini downsmash lock at low % s on characters like fox, shiek and falcon. I know we've already stated it wouldn't work but I tried anyways.

First at 0 strong hitbox of downsmash then after that or after another one weak hitbox launches-> buffered foxtrot -> downsmash again but with di probably never viable *sigh* a girl can dream doh right?

DeLux

IDK I just unleash the krakken after dsmash like a savage still. I should look into fixing that part of my game lol

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hey bro Samus is like that she will straight up murder you for interfering with her work....or her time off since she gets off her gunship xD.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ DeLux DeLux
So I MM'd V115 today at a gamestore there was suppose to be a tourney but obviously lots of people had plans or something.

Anyways ended one of his stocks exactly like that when I landed a miracle down smash he wasn't expecting, He actually had to ask me if it was on purpose xD.

Top Bottom